Pictures from Botswana and Zimbabwe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it's taken me much longer than I would have liked, but I'm still well ahead of my timeline (almost a year) from my first trip to Africa. I've posted my pictures on Shutterfly and I'm working on my trip report. and will post that soon. Hope you enjoy them.

http://southernafricaaugandsept2010.shutterfly.com/
Old Nov 7th, 2010, 08:05 PM

Hey SafariWannabe!

I am looking forward to your report. I remember writing a lengthy recommendation for you last year when you were first considering this trip. It looks like you went on the exact trip that I recommended but I won't be so vain to say you did this because of me (ha ha).

I am taking my wife and teenage daughters to Ruckomechi and Little Makalolo next July. Can't wait to read your report.

Craig Beal - owner - Travel Beyond
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 06:26 AM

Yes, it has been awhile. Glad your pics are up. Checked out Chitabe and Vumbura. Spotted cats galore! Liked the ele mud bath. You even made the mekoros into an artistic composition.
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 11:03 AM

My husband and I are just back from Botswana and Zimbabwe, and really enjoyed all your beautiful pictures, which brought back many wonderful memories. Hubby wants to know if you will share your camera and lens information. Your pictures are very, very good.
Sandy222
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 09:16 PM

We stayed at Savuti and at Chitabe main camp in June, and had a great time, so looking forward to your trip report. Really liked your photographs, and even recognised the two male lions at Chitabe.

I think that the storks at Chitabe are yellow billed storks rather than saddle billed ones You have a photo of a saddle billed stork at Savuti. Also the bird on the sausage tree pod looks like a Meyers parrot
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Original Poster

@Craig - yes, you provided some excellent input into my options for the trip. I really appreciated all of the suggestons from the folks on Fodors.
@Lynn - thanks - did better this time - trip report will be up by the end of the week.
@Sandy - Thanks Sandy. I used a Canon 40D with a 100-400mm lens for almost all of the shots.
@Almac - thanks double checked and you are correct - thanks for pointing that out - birds are definitely not my strongest point.