Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Photos (Sandi) - Tanzania/Kenya '07; Trip Report to follow (eventually)! (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/photos-sandi-tanzania-kenya-07-trip-report-to-follow-eventually-723191/)

sandi Jul 23rd, 2007 11:56 AM

Photos (Sandi) - Tanzania/Kenya '07; Trip Report to follow (eventually)!

"Good things come to those who wait" or so it's said. Enjoy.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...1&y=nebvzo

Trip Report, not yet! When? Beats me. :)

Alejandra Jul 23rd, 2007 12:00 PM

Hi Sandi, i wanted to see your photos but need a password. Can you help me out? Thanks

Alejandra Jul 23rd, 2007 12:01 PM

Oh i only needed to sign in, sorry.

divewop Jul 23rd, 2007 12:11 PM

Sandi-
Love little Paka! So cute. And the mongoose. Lucky you, getting to play with little pets.

Great photos. Nice selection of camps.

What were your favorites for this trip?

Alejandra Jul 23rd, 2007 12:22 PM

Great to see all the camp pictures, the chameleon is beautiful. The pictures with african skies after rain are great, mmm cant wait to go. I m slightly disappointed with the impressions i get from Serian camp and hopefully it looks better in real life. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Calo Jul 23rd, 2007 12:35 PM

Sandi, you got some lovely sunset pictures! The Chyulu Hills are beautiful...I'll get there some day.

I had to laugh at the nailpolish...now I understand the requisite hairblower at all camps.

Leely Jul 23rd, 2007 12:37 PM

You are the most well-dressed woman I've ever seen on safari! And thanks for finally showing the hairdryer.

Camps all look great, and you sure saw a lot for all that rushing around. Lions, cheetahs, eles and much more. How wonderful. Loved all the African skies--classic indeed.

Superb superb starlings.

Thank you!

sandi Jul 23rd, 2007 12:49 PM

By the time you see my fingernails I had already given up on my hands. Lost the thumb tip before I even got to NBO and couldnt find a shop to repair it. One of the guys at Panari actually offered to find someone to fix it :). Instead, I simply approached this calamity as a new fashion statement - "girl with bare right hand thumb nail!"

But fru-fru sistas will be sistas, everywhere - the gal (manager) at Serian had great nails and her kit with. She offered to repair mine during the rainy afternoon. I thanked her but declined; by the time I got to Olonana, I just clipped them all. What you see are stubs!

Didn't get them redone till last week after being home almost 6/weeks. For me, that's a long time between manicures. But now, they look so cute.

Nyamera Jul 23rd, 2007 02:06 PM

Sandi, thanks for sharing your beautiful and informative pictures. The three brothers where hunting when I saw them. I’m so jealous you got to sleep with a genet. I could kill you.

girlpolo33 Jul 23rd, 2007 04:24 PM

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures, Sandi. What an adorable genet cat! Loved the ellies and all the cats. I look forward to your trip report.

richardfh Jul 23rd, 2007 04:43 PM

Nice pics Sandi... I like to see the various camps.

Richard

DanaA70 Jul 23rd, 2007 04:45 PM

Loved the nail color; what's the brand?

Oh, and the pics were grrreaat. Thanks for sharing. d.

moremiles Jul 23rd, 2007 05:13 PM

Thanks for posting the photos-great to see the camps too.

LyndaS Jul 23rd, 2007 05:54 PM

Loved your photos Sandi - especially the photos of the genet! What camp was that? (I'm there, wherever it is....)

And great photos of Honey's cubs, I really enjoyed that!

atravelynn Jul 23rd, 2007 06:14 PM

Cheetahs in multiples! Wow. Beautiful skies. Did the genet come with the room? Like Lynda, that's where I want to stay.

sandi Jul 24th, 2007 03:03 AM

Seems everyone loves Paka, the genet. No, he didn't come with my room at Ndolwa, but I guess we hit it off and as I mentioned "he followed me home."

At Ndolwa, it's like being with a Dr. Doolittle. You never know what animal or bird will wind up in residence - big or little. Even had a pangolin somewhere on/near the property a few months back.

Paka is now larger and sadly the owner is allergic, so he can no longer sleep in bed with her... he's been put out!

Glad you enjoyed the scenic sky and sunset pics; hadn't realized how many I took, but they were always there and so beautiful, just kept clicking away. As a city gal, I really enjoy the open space and sky which is difficult to come by with big buildings always surrounding me.

Yeh, lots of cheetah and in different areas. Lucky.

cybor Jul 24th, 2007 05:18 AM

Hi Sandi,
I'm having a terrible time registering to view your photos.
Any chance you can give us an invite? My day won't be complete until you do this :)
Thanks ahead.

sandi Jul 24th, 2007 05:54 AM

Sherry -

I believe you just have to login to Kodak. But, I sent you an invite directly. Enjoy!

GrannyJoan Jul 24th, 2007 06:11 AM

Sandi,

Thanks for sharing all the lovely photos with us. Love the fact that you commented on each one. You have provided a great place for people to view the various camp accomodations. Wow! three cheetahs in one group photo. How many camps did you visit on this trip?

-Granny Joan

cybor Jul 24th, 2007 06:25 AM

Sandi,
Got the email but I still can't get in (perhaps I'm banned).
I know there's a way to post your invitation from Kodak to yourself - can't remember how, exactly, though.

I know you invite yourself thru kodak and when they send you your invitation you post the link here. When done this way we (here) don't need to sign in or register to view.
Hope that makes sense.
Thank you;
The pest.