Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Photos - Safari to Kenya and Tanzania - June 2005 (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/photos-safari-to-kenya-and-tanzania-june-2005-a-570424/)

wjsonl Nov 12th, 2005 03:18 AM

Photos - Safari to Kenya and Tanzania - June 2005

Here are some photos from our safari to Kenya and Tanzania in June 2005. Just copy and paste this link to your address bar to view the photos: http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...&ownerid=0

Hope you like the photos,
Jack
:)

Kavey Nov 12th, 2005 04:40 AM

"Album not found"

Go to the Share tab and send an email to your own email address (instead of someone else's) to share the album with yourself. At the VERY bottom of the email is the link you need to copy and paste here.

:D

tuskerdave Nov 12th, 2005 04:47 AM

hi there same here. the address link way too long it seems.also when you send to your self. require no one needs to log in, sign up something like that. uncheck that box.
cheers david

wjsonl Nov 12th, 2005 04:48 AM

Thanx. As you can tell, I am a real high tech guru! :D

wjsonl Nov 12th, 2005 04:54 AM

Thanx, guys, let's see if this works:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...0&y=b1img4

Jack
:)

tuskerdave Nov 12th, 2005 04:54 AM

guess what, i went through the same BS lol. have fun.
d

eenusa Nov 12th, 2005 05:02 AM

The second link worked - thank you for sharing. I love the wide open expanses you portrayed in your landscape photos.

lisa Nov 12th, 2005 05:19 AM

I love the one of the flamingoes, and you got a couple of gorgeous shots of Mt. Kilimanjaro!

wjsonl Nov 12th, 2005 05:20 AM

I've now added titles explaining some of the photos. (I'll get this right one of these days!) :D

thit_cho Nov 12th, 2005 05:30 AM

Great photos, especially like the flamingos. Thanks for sharing.

Michael

wjsonl Nov 12th, 2005 05:38 AM

Thanx, guys. It was so much fun taking these photos (plus about 1,000 others) that Chris and I are going back in June 2006 so we can take some more! :D

tuskerdave Nov 12th, 2005 06:27 AM

hi there, we have success!! i see the ice-cap on Mt Kili is almost gone :(
everytime i see it. it looks worse.
i wonder if anyone else has the same thought.
thx, d

atravelynn Nov 12th, 2005 06:43 AM

I had that same problem with making photos available. Glad it worked out finally.

You sure chose your 47 photos well. I loved the rolling lion right off the bat. You have some beautiful flora in addition to the fauna. That was the best flamingo shot I have seen. Great baboon troop. Artistic balloon.

Where did you ride the camels? Where are you returning next June?

wjsonl Nov 12th, 2005 07:03 AM

Hi Lynn, and thanks for the nice comments. Chris and Andrew rode the camels at a spot adjacent to the snake farm which was close to Nairobi (I think). Sorry I can't remember for sure, but it was either close to Nairobi or close to Arusha.

Last June we missed the migration, so that's number one this next trip. We're also going to do some night game drives and we'll be staying in tented camps, two more things we didn't get to do our first sojourn into Africa. We're going the last week of June, 2006, and we're sticking to Tanzania. We'll be staying at Gibbs Farm for a night and the Ikoma and Olakira tented camps for a couple of nights each. It's Chris' college graduation present and is he excited?! Of course, his old man is nonchalant about the whole thing. Jack :D

wjsonl Nov 12th, 2005 07:07 AM

Hi again, Lynn.
I went back to my itinerary and found the exact location of the camel ride: it was adjacent to the Snake Park which was close to Arusha, Tanzania. :)

cybor Nov 12th, 2005 07:12 AM

Thanks for sharing Jack,
Had to replay, as ALL photos are wonderful. The first lion does take you
in though. Loved your family with the Maisai - I'm sure that will be enlarged as a keeper.
Best;
Sherry

wjsonl Nov 12th, 2005 07:16 AM

Hi Sherry. Yes, it was, as was the hippo pool photo. My son Chris and grandson Andrew also have 8x10's of the Masai group photo on their walls as well. :)

cybor Nov 12th, 2005 08:31 AM

p.s. One more thing Jack, if you will... Were you using the fz5 for this trip. If so, were you mostly using auto, manual or both. I'm hoping you'll say auto. as I will then have some hope of looking forward with practice to getting some good shots with my Fz30. I think you or someone said in a recent post that the camera's are pretty similar. Your shots are so clear and the photos, such as the one in hut seem to have just the right amount of light. The photo of the jeep is also perfectly distorted (the background) - true artwork.
Cheers;
Sherry

wjsonl Nov 12th, 2005 08:54 AM

Sherry, yes, auto most of the time. I did put it on the "landscape" setting for a few panoramic shots. Glad you liked the photos. There are a couple that aren't focused real well due to vehicle movement, but in general they came out pretty good. By the way, those photos were taken with my Canon S1 which I no longer have. I've got a Panasonic FZ5 now and actually like it better than the S1. The FZ5 has more mps and a stronger zoom, plus the anti-shake seems to work better and it's lighter, which counts when you've got a camera hanging on your neck for long periods of time. :)

Nyamera Nov 12th, 2005 09:37 AM

Thanks for sharing your photos. The staring buffalo is my favourite - as are the lions, flamingos, Maasai and sheep at the foot of Kilimanjaro and Kilimanjaro above the clouds, baby bananas and the hippo pool.