Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Photos report-Kenya Safaris, Sept 07 (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/photos-report-kenya-safaris-sept-07-a-742530/)

yi Oct 13th, 2007 07:40 AM

Photos report-Kenya Safaris, Sept 07

Just return from Kenya and had a wonderful time. Hope you will like my photos. More pictures & trip report still in progress.

http://www.pbase.com/monicawong/kenya_safari_2007_

Nyamera Oct 13th, 2007 10:14 AM

OMG, I have to go to Kenya this time of the year. They’re so tiny! Thanks, Yi.

Leely Oct 13th, 2007 12:51 PM

Monica, welcome home! I have looked at your bird gallery so far--wonderful. I'll have a go at the rest in the next few days, although of course I had to peek at some of the lion shots.

Looking forward to your report very much.

atravelynn Oct 13th, 2007 04:08 PM

Yi,

Your photo theme seemed to be 2 by 2, even some of the bird shots. Excellent pics! I like the use of flamingos in the background for many of your shots. Welcome home. Take your time on the report.

yi Oct 14th, 2007 01:14 AM

Hi Leely - Thx for taking time to view my photos & comments. Hope you will take rest of my travel pictures.

atravelynn - Yes, I perfer to take a shot of a pair of animals more than a single one. It seems more interesting composition. Nice of you to notice my style.

Thx all of you.

Monica

yi Oct 14th, 2007 01:16 AM

Sorry, wrong typing to Leely - Hope you will like rest of my travel pictures.

Nyamera Oct 14th, 2007 05:32 AM

Fodorites!
Have a look at Yi’s “Impala, Oryx & Topi". There you’ll find the tiny ones.

Dana_M Oct 14th, 2007 09:34 AM

Wonderful photos. All of the galleries are fantastic, but I particularly enjoyed the birds, the migration, and most of all the people gallery.

atravelynn Oct 14th, 2007 09:39 AM

Yes, Noah, I noticed!

Patty Oct 15th, 2007 09:53 AM

You have some beautiful photos. Nice pair interaction. Thanks so much for sharing!

Leely Oct 15th, 2007 06:11 PM

Monica, it was my pleasure to view and comment. I have now seen all the Africa galleries and will check out the others. I really like how you've arranged everything. pbase is great, isn't it? I need to work on all that.

Glad you had a good time and happy travels in the future.

yi Oct 17th, 2007 07:31 AM

Leely- Thx again. Yep. I think pbase is one of the best share photo website. I still have a lot of pictures to upload.

Monica

aby Oct 17th, 2007 09:13 AM

hi Monica

thanks for sharing your photos. i like the way they are organized
Pbase seems like a good potential "host" for pics (once i scan mine)

Can i send you corrections to (bird) misidentifications ?

aby

aby Oct 17th, 2007 09:19 AM

forgot to say:
the Grevy interaction sequence is really great!!

aby Oct 17th, 2007 09:26 AM

Nyamera

the little nyameras are indeed cute!
i have pics of a topi "kindergarten" (this phenomenon is known in other species as well)- i promise i'll scan 'em for you one of these days

aby

yi Oct 18th, 2007 07:50 AM

Aby- Many thx for your comments and I would be really appreciated if you could point out any misidentifications for me.

Monica

aby Oct 18th, 2007 05:59 PM

Hi Monica

tha "Eastern Yellow=billed" is actually a red billed Hornbill
(though i am colour-blind ...)

The "White-Bellied Go Away Bird" is a Specled Mousebird

i think the "BAGLAFECHT WEAVER"
is Speke's Weaver
"BAGLAFECHT WEAVER1" i wish i could see better its chest and its back; was it taken at the same colony as the previous?

25 is a Babbler - wherewas it taken?

16 is a Bulbul

the Ibis is Hadada Ibis

aby

yi Oct 19th, 2007 04:31 AM

Hi Aby - I am very please you pointed out the right name for me. If you didn't help, I never known the correct names. Thank you so much. Really appreciated .

I took the two Speke’s Weavers shots in the same place.

I took the Babbler in the Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge – Lake Nakuru (They are really lovely).

Is 12 = Bulbul?

Do u know the name of 21?

Thx again
Monica

aby Oct 21st, 2007 12:20 AM

Monica

both "12" & "Thirst" are Bulbul
(more specific: Common bulbul or Yellow-vented Bulbul in different books)
The Babblers may be Black-lored Babbler but i need more pics or closer to be sure

aby

yi Oct 23rd, 2007 05:36 AM

Aby,

Many thx for your help. I am really appreciated.

Monica