Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

who does cheap airfares from vic falls to cape town?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could any one tell me what airlines would fly the cheapest from vic falls to cape town?
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 03:04 PM

I don't remember what the price of our leg from Cape Town to Vic Falls was, but air fare from Los Angeles to Cape Town, Cape Town to Vic Falls, Vic Falls to Jo'Burg and Jo'Burg back to LA was $1915.00 for one. I thought this was a great price for all that flying. I got my tickets from Premier Travel in Philly. International and SA Internal were South Africa Airways.
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 01:23 PM

Hi,
I don't know if this will help or not...I'm about ready to book our 2005 safai using Delta miles, while they're still in business and are partners with SAA. Delta-SAA flies from USA to Victoria Falls (doing a safari out of Vic Falls and bypassing Maun entirely)and you can do a free stopover in Capetown. Hope this helps
Marilyn
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 03:18 PM

Hello Mel,

Perhaps you've found much of this out by now, but in case not, here goes......

British Airways' South African subsidiary, Comair, operates a flight that involves a change of planes in Johannesburg. A casual enquiry on the Internet suggests that the one-way fare (including taxes) is in the order of $360. When they quote in $, I'm not quite sure what they mean -- I'm guessing USD. Anyway, you can check out www.britishairways.com .

Nationwide Air appears to offer flights from Livingstone (on the Zambian side of the Falls) to Johannesburg and from Johannesburg to Cape Town, but their website is hung up at the moment. www.nationwideair.co.za .

Other airlines that I looked up (e.g., KLM, Lufthansa) offered flights from elsewhere in Zimbabwe (Bulwayo, Harare), but not from Vic Falls.

Kulula ( www.kulula.com ), which is a budget airline, appears to operate only within South Africa, unfortunately.

Air Namibia appears to have flights from Vic Falls to Windhoek and flights from Winhoek to Johannesburg and Cape Town. It does not appear to me that Air Namibia connects Vic Falls directly with Cape Town or even with Johannesburg. www.airnamibia.com.na

South African Airways' offerings (seemingly 2 flights a day) appear to involve a change of planes in Johannesburg. A casual Internet enquiry brings up a one-way fare (including taxes) of about US$415. www.flysaa.com

That is all that a fairly quick Internet search has brought up.

Hope that helps.
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 04:12 AM
sandi

When we traveled we purchased all our tickets from:

www.premiertours.com

select their air department (though they are a tour operator, they have a consolidator air department which is very competitive)

Our transatlantic ticket covered JFK to CPT (via JNB). Then from CPT (via JNB) to VFA and return to JNB ran about $100 to CPT, plus $300 r/t JNB/VFA. This was back when the exchange rate between USD/ZAR was more favorable then it is today - but it's an idea of price.

Contact www.premiertours.com and see what fares they have available.