Restaurants in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

Old Dec 21st, 1998, 08:53 AM
Judy

Restaurants in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

Can anyone recommend a REALLY good restaurant in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Dietary laws need not be considered. <BR>

Old May 24th, 1999, 06:35 AM
Debra S

<BR>Alhambra in Jaffa (next to Tel Aviv)

Old Jun 8th, 1999, 06:30 AM
Dave

Judy, <BR> <BR>Some years back (about 12) we ate with Israeli friends at a good restaurant in Jerusalem called Philadelphia. I believe you would call it Middle Eastern cuisine. <BR> <BR>Dave

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 10:50 PM
Sharon

Hi there, <BR> <BR>Good restaurants are usually expensive - just like in other countries. <BR>In Jerusalem I'd recommend ARKADIA in Agripas Alley, or Dalia Renaud Bistro on the same street. Okianus (Ocean) is considered as THE brst restaurant in Israel and is also situated in Jerusalem. <BR>In Tel-Aviv I would recommend the "Golden Apple" or "KAPOT TMARIM" which are both in Achad-Ha'am street, to the best of my knowledge. <BR>It is also worth trying the less fancy but very good Margaret Tayar place in Jaffa, and "Yoezer Bar-Yain" which is nearby. <BR>All the above places tend to serve Israeli food with European/African influence. <BR>Have a nice trip.

Old Jun 26th, 1999, 12:05 AM
Alon Grinberg

If you like Hummus you may find the best!!! one in a very small restaurant in Jaffa called "Ali Karavan" or "Abu Hassan"(the same place). It is only 10 min. from Tel Aviv and it is the chippest place for the unique Hommus of all,only 10 nis(2.5$). for a plate of "mix".The restaurant serves only Hummus and Masbaha and Ful and Onions. It is home made and very fresh. Me and my wife go there every Friday morning.There are many how come there but you won't stay in line more than 10 min. It worth

Old Jun 27th, 1999, 06:39 AM
dana

<BR>to all of you who found the message only now. judy is already a long long time back home. try helping with more updated questions.Dana

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 02:20 AM
Allan

In Jerusalem, try Latseriff - a Moroccan restaurant off of Zion Square. Dinner for two about 60USD - excellent.

Old Sep 12th, 1999, 09:53 AM
josef

hy jud <BR>how are you <BR>i'm from Jordan and thank to the peace process in our area i was in TelAviv <BR>i found a very cheap resturant in TA <BR>that have a wonderful site on the beach and the food is great (altough no meet is served) it is called Yotveta Ba Ir <BR>(means something like Yotveta in town - i think) <BR>try it!

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 12:48 PM
Teri

In Jerusalem, right near City Hall, is EUCALYPTUS, whose owner/chef is a "culinary archeologist." Many of his dishes use ingredients with Biblical meanings. Food is divine, atmosphere charming. Good chance the owner will drop by your table to enlighten you on the meaning of the foods you choose. A memorable meal.