Phinda in July/August

May 24th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Phinda in July/August

Unfortunately, my husband threw his back out two days before we we supposed to leave for Phinda last week. CCAfrica has been kind enough to extend our reservation until the end of September. However, with interference from work and school schedules we are left with July or August as real possibilities.

So, I'd like everyone's opinion on whether July and August are very much different from one another. Has anyone been at this time? Is it very cold? When would you go?
May 24th, 2005, 09:54 PM

I looked up the weather for Sth Africa. July is the end of winter and August beginning of Spring. These days you can never be sure of the weather whatever month of the year. I'd say just go and deal with the weather, take a warm jacket for the safaris. Not sure which Phinda park you're going to but if it's Forest Lodge you're in for a fantastic experience. We were there for 3 days in April with a group of friends and family. Our daughter and her partner were married there, and I have no hesitation in saying it was the best wedding we've ever been to, and not just because it was family. The organisation for the wedding was brilliant, the guides and all the staff were friendly and accommodating and the whole three days were beyond our wildest expectations. We went on several safaris and were treated to sightings of elephants, zebras, lions, rhinoceros, baboons and several other animals but I'm not sure of their names. I have no doubt that all the Phinda game reserves would be equally as rewarding. Enjoy your trip.

Search this Thread