Petra to Amman - advise pl

Jan 21st, 2005, 02:56 PM
gac1yahoo

Petra to Amman - advise pl

My flight out of Amman is @ 2am on Sunday. I am planning to leave Petra on Saturday @ 9-10am..

Will I be able to go to Dead Sea on my way to the airport..?

Is it advisable..? I think it will be cool to go to the lowest point on earth and float.

How much will the taxi cost...? Can I fix the taxi after reaching Petra..?

Do you suggest anyother place on the way to the airport.?

thank you very much in advance

Jan 21st, 2005, 06:46 PM

I was in Jordan in 2001 and we took the bus to Amman from Aqaba (about a 4 hr ride watching Hindi movies). I'm not sure if you planned on taking a taxi from Petra to Amman, but it's pretty easy to get from Petra to Aqaba and from there to Amman on public transport.

Once we were at the bus station in Amman, we were able to arrange a taxi to the Dead Sea for maybe 40JD? I don't really remember - it may have been as low as 20.

The guy then dropped us off at the airport on the way back. I definitely enjoyed the brief trip - it was fun to float like that.
Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:39 AM
sandi

If leaving Petra early Saturday morning, you have more than sufficient time to stop at the Dead Seas. As to the weather, I can say that we were in Israel in January some years back and visited the Dead Sea. The weather and temperatures were mild in the 70s and may people were swimming in the sea. So it's possible you will be able to do so.

Since your flight isn't until early Sunday morning probably having to be there by midnight, you will still have a lot of the day. The trip from Petra to the Dead Sea might be 2-3 hrs, and if you spend an hour or more here, you will still have time to visit Jerash north of Amman and even a tour in Amman. You'll have time for lunch (when at the Dead Sea) and dinner later in Amman.

I cannot advise regarding a taxi, but whatever arrangements you make and depending on with whom, be certain they know what your plans are for the entire time till they deliver you to the airport - and confirm all prices ahead of time.

Search this Thread