Petra

Sep 9th, 2000, 06:43 PM
Nany

Petra

I will be in Cairo in November or early December and would like to visit Petra in Jordan. Is this a one day trip or do I need to plan for several days? Can I take a plane from Cairo to Petro or is there some other transportation? I am a woman traveling alone and would like to stay in the best place possible in the Petra area if I need to be there more than one day. Any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sep 11th, 2000, 08:36 AM
susan

One day is plenty of time to tour Petra, but since it will take quite a bit of time to get to and from Cairo, you will have to stay at least one night in Jordan. I suggest flying from Cairo to Amman and booking a day trip from there. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the only other airport in Jordan is in Aqaba, which is about a two hour drive to Petra.

There are some five star hotels in Petra, including a Movenpick that is literally right next door to the site.

I don't think you have to worry about traveling alone. Jordan seemed pretty safe to me.

Sep 22nd, 2000, 06:50 AM
jordanholiday tours

dear nany

if you still cant find your way to jordan,pls advise us will help you in all ,pls have alook at our web site www.jordanholiday.com

good luck
ali rawashdeh
incoming tourist mgr

Search this Thread