Perhaps anthropology major

Feb 13th, 2006, 04:40 AM
adeewebstr

Perhaps anthropology major

Our sons are going to Namibia and Zambia (just Livingstone area) with us this summer, and the oldest is thinking of majoring in anthropology (college is a year off). Does anyone have suggestions as to books to read about the people of those areas, museums to see, etc.? We already have The Lost White Tribes (think that's the name) that has a chapter on the Basters and I believe there is a museum on our way to Soussusvlei from Windhoek - can't think of the name of the town.

Feb 13th, 2006, 06:31 AM

I don't have any book recommendations but I wonder if an excursion into Botswana to stay at Jack's Camp or San Camp would be feasible?

When we went our guide really enthused us on the history of man in this area and I think he was an anthropology graduate himself. The camps have a history of taking on recent graduates in relevant areas as guides and it might be something your sons would enjoy.
Feb 13th, 2006, 10:03 AM
adeewebstr

Kavey - Thanks so much and that would be wonderful, but this popped up after we had made all our arrangements (ie, paid) and we don't have any extra days.

Feb 13th, 2006, 12:37 PM

No worries, thought I'd throw it at ya just in case!

Search this Thread