Reload this Page >

Some of my favorite pics - Johan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2006, 08:44 AM
johan_belgium

It's a pity that I have to wait till May to go on safari again. In the meanwhile I'll have to look at my pictures. These ones all have a special meaning to me.

You can see them by clicking on the following link:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&y=-vcobni

Enjoy,

Johan

Old Feb 10th, 2006, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 09:05 AM

Johan, your pictures are excellent, thanks for the link! My favourites are the two leopard photos and the elephant silhouettes.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 09:09 AM
johan_belgium

Kavey,

Thanks for your lovely comments on my pictures!!!

I would love to see some of yours.

Johan

Old Feb 10th, 2006, 09:16 AM

Hi, Johan, fantastic pics. Really enjoyed them, kavey enjoyed your comments on johan's pics,
Thanks for sharing, Sonali.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 10:05 AM

Another excellent Top 10. What was the lion in #7 snarling about?
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 10:11 AM
johan_belgium

Lynn,

He was snarling at us. It was just a fascinating moment and luckily nothing happened. But we could feel his presence.

Those lions were not used to cars at all - this was one of the pictures that was mentioned by Chris Bakkes on the Wilderness website (Palmwag - June 2005)

Greetings,

Johan

Old Feb 10th, 2006, 11:53 AM

Mine don't compare to yours!

I've been playing with a couple of my 2004 ones recently as I'm working on some different versions for sale on our new print sales site and wanted to try something different.

I loaded them up temporarily to my personal hobby site to get input from a friend on a look I was going for so I'll give you those links here but I'll be taking them back down in a few days so the links will not be valid permanently.

http://www.kaveyland.com/misc/Tomboy%20toned.jpg

http://www.kaveyland.com/misc/lion%202%20toned.jpg
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 12:09 PM
johan_belgium

Kavey,

Very nice work! Where were those pictures taken?

Until now I haven't made any commercial use of mine. And I don't have any plans in that direction. If my book will published, the proceeds (if there will be any) will go to projects in Africa.

The only thing I did with them was the following: I gave an album to Chief's camp and I am preparing one for Lebala and other one for Palmwag Rhino Camp.

I just find it nice when people are enjoying my pics.

Greetings,

Johan

Old Feb 10th, 2006, 12:26 PM

Johan - Your work is just gorgeous. I love the cubs splashing and the lion swiping/snarling!
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 12:33 PM

Johan and Kavey-
Your pictures are INCREDIBLE, you guys took my breath away!
Thanks ever so much for posting them
Lynda
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 01:02 PM
johan_belgium

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments!

Acutally in part 2 you'll find my favorite shot of a "lilac breasted roller".

Greetings,

Johan

Old Feb 10th, 2006, 01:09 PM

Johan
They were both taken on a 4 day stay in the Masai Mara in 2004. Glad you like them! Your book project sounds great! I did something a little bit similar last year - I sold a series of prints (these two included, but colour versions without the vignetting) to raise funds for the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation. Fodors Africa board posters were the single most generous group and I was able to raise just under £1000 GPB! I also gave a couple of the prints to be sold in a charity auction and they made almost the same again.
I'm hoping I can make a fraction of that for myself now future sales are no longer for the charity to pay for a new lens!
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 01:26 PM

Johan

Terrific group of pictures, and a nice strategy, just keep giving us a small taste of your work, makes us hungry for more.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 06:06 PM

Johan,
Simply stunning! I am going on my first safari in March and can hardly belive I will be seeing sights such as those captured in your beautiful pictures soon!
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 07:53 PM
santharamhari

Thanks, Johan........all fantastic pics....but if i were to pick one, i have to pick the elephants at sunset (hard to pick 1!!!)

Rgds
Hari

Old Feb 10th, 2006, 09:48 PM
johan_belgium

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. It's a real pleasure that you appreciate my work.

I'll stop posting pictures for a while ... but will be back in June.

And although pictures can be nice, they can never replace the feeling of being out there!!! And most important of all I hope these areas can be preserved for future generations.

Greetings,

Johan

Old Feb 10th, 2006, 09:57 PM
santharamhari

Johan,

I agree...hopefully, these wilderness areas will stay preserved.

Hopefully, we will meet again at Lebala on a future trip.....unfortunately, my next trip does not coincide with yours.....

Also, hopefully you will consider an Indian safari in the future, when CCafrica opens camps in many reserves in October......

RGDS
HARI

Old Feb 10th, 2006, 10:18 PM
johan_belgium

Hari,

After June 2007, I will have time for something else and a trip to India will certain be on my list.

I'll still go to Africa but not in such amount as I do it now.

Greetings,

Johan

Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:53 AM

Dank u wel for the delicious photos, Johan. The composition is wonderful (the leopard shot is amazing!), and time after time the lens (and photographer) seems to be looking not only at the animal, but into his or her nature and character.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -