Paradise Cove, Trou aux Biches, Maritim

Apr 13th, 2000, 12:55 AM
William

Paradise Cove, Trou aux Biches, Maritim

I am looking to book a hotel for a two week honeymoon in Mauritius and am torn between Trou aux Biches, Maritim and Paradise Cove. If anyone has any experience of any of these (or has any other recommendations) I would be very grateful for some tips.
Many thanks
William

Apr 13th, 2000, 06:21 AM
Anna

I have not stayed at any of these hotels - but vistited the Maritim & Paradise Cove.

The Maritim is very unattractive - like a three star, unimpressive beach and very poor service (at reception anyway - we decided not to venture any farther). It is owned by a German hotel group and therefore, most of the guests are German.

Paradise Cove is a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World. It is a lovely property with very personal service and excellent food. The rooms are nice, possibly not the best on the island, but very pleasant. We loved it and would have cheched out of Le Touesssrok and into Paradise Cove, if they had had any rooms to spare. It is located at the top of the island near Grand Baie. The hotel includes activities like game fishing. The main beach is man-made, but don't let that put you off - it is one of very few that is not littered with sea urchins.

Hope this helps.

Search this Thread