Panny TZ3

Apr 9th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Panny TZ3

I will try and make this short.

Prior trips to Africa...Canon AE-1 with all the telephoto lenses, teleconvertors, etc.

This trip....just purchased the Panny TZ3.

I wanted a long zoom with decent picture quality and is pocketable. Got all with this one and the IQ surprises me.

Read the reviews if you are looking for a small, pocktable long zoom for your trip to Africa.

I sound like a comercial.....
May 5th, 2007, 06:08 AM

Hi, I am considering purchasing the TZ3 as a backup for my FZ30 to use on our safari this Sept. Have you used it much and do you like the pictures. I have read that they can be soft. I really like the idea of 10X optical in a small camera.

Julie
May 6th, 2007, 12:34 PM

I have the TZ1 - which for various reasons I've not gotten around to using (and now wish I'd waited as the newer models must be better.....) Any tips for using it on safari? Do you have a protective case - or just the lens cap (which I don't plan to attach)? Do they sell a paricular adapter for Africa to charge the battery and/or should I bring an extra battery? Sorry to sound so very ignorant but I am.
Jess
May 7th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

OK.....TZ3 does not have a lens cap...one feature which I think is great.

Also, the 10x optical can go to 12x optical at 5 MP and can go to 15x optical at 3 MP. If you are not going to blow up your pictures to 17 x 30..... these 12 & 15x optical will work great.

I have taken a lot of pictures to test the camera for vacation and have no complaints. The extremely small footprint of this camera is what sold me on it's value.

You can buy extra batteries for about $10.00 each (I bought 3) and get a car charger (all auto chargers are universal) which you can use while out in the bush. Also, the TZ3 comes with a universal charger, so you only need the adaptor for where you are in Africa.

Great little camera as a primary and/or back up.

It gets thumbs up from me.

Good luck.
May 7th, 2007, 07:06 AM

TZ3 is on sale at Circuit City for $279.99 this week. If you buy in store, there is a $40 off coupon here:

http://www.pulverizer72.com/scans/cc...on_5-31-07.pdf

While it says no reproductions, most stores will accept it.

If you want to buy online and are a AAA member they will email you a 10% off coupon if you visit their site.