Pamushana help!

Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Pamushana help!

We would like to visit the Pamushana game reserve and lodge in southern Zimbabwe. We're trying to figure out the safest/most reliable/most efficient way to get there from Johannesburg, South Africa. So far we've heard the only reliable way to go is a private chartered airplane, which runs about $6,000 at a minimum. Can that be?! Is there no simpler, less expensive way -- air or ground -- to get there from there?!

Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:19 PM
sandi

With whom are you working on your Pamushana visit.

Pamushana is a beauty of a property part of the Malilangwe Trust. I know it's no too distant from Gonarezchou (phoenetic spelling, hope it's correct), but friends have actually driven from South Africa across the border and joila, not to far from here. They rented their own Range Rover and just went.

Oh, just found their brochure with an address: [email protected]

Let us know of your success.

Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. We are "working" with a travel agent, and are thinking that he isn't the best at his work. he told us that it is unsafe to drive there. Any comments? I have NO CLUE. This is my first trip to Africa.

Thanks!
Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:58 PM

If your travel agent said it is unsafe, time to find a good one. He is worthless and not knowledgeable. I could probably name 25 or more people who have driven into Zimbabwe in the past year, many to Gonorezhou and have had no safety issues. The people are extremely friendly. Fuel is the main problem as far as tourists go. $6k seems pretty excessive for flights also.

I'm normally be with Sandi on this. Rent a diesel landrover with long range tanks and drive there. The major holdup would be at the border. It can be several(too many) hours to get through.

Search this Thread