Palmeraie vs. Medina

Jan 16th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Original Poster

Palmeraie vs. Medina

I am planning a trip to Marrakech, 4 day stay. Looking for luxurious and good service. I am between the Riad Enija which is located in the Medina, or either Ksarcharbagh or Palais Rhoul which are both located in the Palmeraie area. Anyone give opinions on each area that might help.
Jan 17th, 2006, 03:14 PM

Hello,

Stay in the medina -- you'll be in the heart of things, but still able to retreat to your riad for peace and quiet when you want it. In my opinion, the Palmeraie is a bit too far away from the centre to be an ideal location in Marrakesh.

Cheers,
Julian
Jan 19th, 2006, 11:23 AM

I liked the hotel we stayed, Jnane Tamsna, located in Palmeraie. But if I were to go back to Marrakech, I will stay in Medina.

While our hotel called taxi for us when heading to Medina (price already negotiated), we were on our own to get the cab back to hotel in Palminiari. It was a real hassle to negotiate price and give direction to cab drivers. I was carrying the instruction in Arabic for the hotel location/direction. I though that the driver will get clear idea by reading this card WRONG! I encountered many drivers who were illiterate, so I have to call the hotel using my cell and have the concierge talk to the driver for driving instructions.

If you are staying in Medina you can avoid this type of hassle.
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:14 PM

Riad Enija is stunning!!! I would take that over the Palmeraie any day of the week and twice on Sundays!!!

http://lostmyguidebook.com/morocco/p...stay-marrakech

which is my little review of the Riad.

You'll love it.

Search this Thread