Paging Sandye from Guenmai

Dec 27th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Paging Sandye from Guenmai

Sandye...I'm in Ghana and having a great time. I will write you around mid-January. It's about 25 cents per minute (2300 cedi) to use the internet here at the hotel so I can't write a lot. My private driver took me by a hotel today called Central Hotel which was near the British Embassy(?) or British Residency.I told him I wanted to check out some places for you. It was nice but rooms only have two twin beds ($75) a room.The rooms are quite plain, but very clean and spacious and there are screens on the windows...I checked. They said they could put a mattress on the floor in one of the rooms since you guys are 5 people.Oh, a brand new hotel is being build right across from the airport. It's called the Movepick or Monenpick...can't remember the spelling, but I've seen them in Europe,too.We just drove past it about an hour ago. It might be finished when you arrive.The Novatel was voted best hotel for 2003. It's very lively and the food has gotten really good since last year. My private driver is driving me to Elmina tomorrow to the slave castle. If you need to use him when you guys get here let me know. He said he'd try to get a bigger car to drive you around in.He has an old beat up Ford...but most cars are beat up here. I pray we make it to Elmina tomorrow. But, he's been driving people for years and drives regularly and long distances. I had the same driver last year. He charges $6.00 an hour to drive around town. Oh, you can check out Frankie's Hotel in Osu...it's very popular... and there's another one, but my mind has gone blank...Oh, it's called the Penta Hotel...also in Osu...I just asked someone here the name of it since I remember the location...between the Koala supermarket and the bank and almost next to a great fabric store called Woodin. I just bought fabric there. I bought my fabric there last year,too....very Ghanaian. Go on Ghanaweb.com it's probably listed there. Oh, I met a doctor yesterday here at the hotel and he also knows the doctor I told you about who is a nerosurgeon...a very famous doctor. The doctor here said that everything is needed and appreciated. Even simple things like bandages, gauze, and that white tape you tape the gauze with. Got to go. Happy Travels!
Dec 29th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Original Poster

Back to the top....
Dec 31st, 2004, 12:01 AM
Original Poster

Back to the top.
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Back to the top. HAppy Travels!

Search this Thread