Search

Hotel Rwanda

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:25 AM
sandi

Hotel Rwanda

A "must see" film, recently out, in limited release to be eligible for the Academy Awards, and up for a Golden Globe. Don Cheedle as primary character at Des Mille Collens Hotel in Kigale, Rwanda and what happens prior to and when the slaughter begins. We know the horrors that happened here and of the world doing nothing - and the fact that the world still does nothing in so many places around the world. Film shot in Kigali, Rwanda and Gauteng (JNB), SA.

Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw it yesterday & thought it was the best film I've seen in ages. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time -- really wonderful. Unfortunately it's not in wide release yet but it was sold out where I saw it -- hopefully it will get the wide audience it deserves. One only has to look at what is going on now in Darfour to see parallels...
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:52 AM

I plan to see it one night this week in NY. I stayed at the Mille de Collins in August 2003, and I'm curious to see if they filmed the movie at that hotel.
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:48 AM

The Denver Post had a feature article for the movie in their year end movie review section. An excellent review, unfortuneately it is not playing here yet. I hope the buzz about it continues so people will see it.
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 02:45 PM

I JUST got back from Ghana and plan to see it this coming weekend. Can't wait to see it. Happy Travels!