Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Packing for two climate extremities - Egypt and Europe in Mar/Apr

Packing for two climate extremities - Egypt and Europe in Mar/Apr

Feb 11th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Packing for two climate extremities - Egypt and Europe in Mar/Apr

Hi All,
Apologies that half of my query falls outside this forum, but we really do need the advice of you expert travellers. We are travelling to Egypt in April, and to Europe before this, in late March.

Temps in Egypt will be between 30 - 35 deg cel, and in the European cities are likely to be around 10 - 15 degrees. What should our packing list include to cater for these two extremities in climate?
Feb 11th, 2006, 07:00 PM

From Australia, going to Europe usually involves a stopover in humid, hot Asia or South Africa, or middle east. But European homes and businesses are set up for cold, so we find all you really need are layers - and a warm, waterproof jacket and shoes, gloves, scarf and hat, for walking outdoors, which we do a lot. I don't take a fashionable overcoat anymore - don't really need it, but you might. My parka is enough.

For really hot climates, I find cotton is best, light colours, a hat for shade and a fan. I really feel the heat. Comfortable shoes are the most important thing. Have a great trip!

Search this Thread