Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Overnight at Dana Reserve Jordan with one child - Stay at Dana or Feynan?

Overnight at Dana Reserve Jordan with one child - Stay at Dana or Feynan?

Oct 2nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Overnight at Dana Reserve Jordan with one child - Stay at Dana or Feynan?

We are two adults and one child (7 year old) stopping over in Dana reserve on our way from Dead Sea to Petra.... We are willing to spend one night there... Getting torn between Feynan Eco lodge and Dana Guesthouse... What are the pros and cons? Enchanted by the candle lit Feynan ecolodge... But Dana guest house seems to have better views... What are the other pros and cons? What are their location differences in terms of getting there, or the nearby hikes... Here is what we are planning based on the communication with Feynan ecolodge so far... looking for feedback and critique so we can change accordingly

- Day 1: Drive from Dead Sea leaving at 8 AM; Arrive at Feynan Eco lodge by Noon? After lunch will go for a half day hike followed by the sunset hike the lodge offers

- Day 2: ENjoy sunrise and a small hike nearby after breakfast; Leave for Petra after lunch and reach 3 PM or so

Please let me know what you think... Will be much appreciated!
Oct 3rd, 2012, 06:48 AM

I've only stayed in the Dana Hotel(lovely, Bedouin owned with live oud music at night) and the RSCN lodge in Dana(not so atmospheric but great views and a 3min walk from the hotel) so can't comment on Feynan. I love Dana and it's small village with various hiking trails around it and think the Dana Hotel gives a nice feel for Bedouin hospitality-it's certainly not as isolated as Feynan. But, you will get a lot more advice on the TA forum and the LP Thorntree forums.

Search this Thread