Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti

Nov 4th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Original Poster

Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti

I am putting together a self drive safari going up Mozambique into Malawi. Up Lake Malawi into Tanzania to see Ngorongoro, Manyara and the Serengeti. Back down through Zambia and into Botswana, down the Okavango Delta and back to Cape Town.
Planning to leave in mid to end of May 2015 and asking interested parties to join me. The trip can be divided into stages but the whole thing will take about 43 days. Less if you join in Pretoria. The plan is to camp as well as use hotels so that we have R&R time from the elements - it will be the trip of a lifetime !
Nov 11th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

hey guys - this is an invitation to the trip of a life time
Nov 14th, 2014, 06:48 PM

Though I will not be taking you up on this invitation, I hope you have a fantastic time. It should prove to be a trip of a lifetime!
Nov 19th, 2014, 08:30 AM

wow Lynnechristine!!! That's gonna be an amazing trip. I did just a fraction of something like that last August, overlanding from Lilongwe, Malawi through Northern Mozambique to the coast then up north to Rovuma River which marks the border witho Tanzania then Mikindani, Kilwa, Selous Game Reserve, Dar es Salaam and it took us 18 days and it'd have been better doing it in 22. I'm afraid you're too optimistic planning a 43 day trip, unless you intend to rush. What kind of vehicle are you going to use? I did my trip with an extended land cruiser. Good luck and all the best!
Oliver

Search this Thread