Ouarzazate to Taroudant or vice-versa?

Feb 7th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Original Poster

Ouarzazate to Taroudant or vice-versa?

Since my husband is afraid of heights, which direction wold have the fewest drop-offs at the side of the road, Ouarzazate to Taroudant or Taroudant to Ouarzazate?
I really want to see Ait Benhaddou and know for sure he couldn't do the Tizi-n-Tichka pass so I am wondering about this other route over the Anti-Atlas. We could do the trip in eithr direction if I plan well and he takes a xanex. Still, he will be scared by roads without sturdy walls or railings if there are drop-offs.
Feb 8th, 2006, 02:21 AM

Unfortunately, there are very few railings / walls along the roads (mountain or otherwise) in Morocco. You are right, the road to Ouazarzate has some steep drop-offs, but so does the road to Taroudant. Granted the Tizi-n-Test is not as as "scary" as the Tizi-n-Tichka, but only marginally. You could avoid the mountain passes altogether if you drive towards the coast towards Agadir and then cut inland to Taroudant from there. It will be difficult to reach Ait Benhaddou without going through mountainous roads...you could try to take the road from Taroudant via Tazenakht and if it gets too bad for your husband, you can always turn around.

Search this Thread