Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Opinions on Madike River Lodge, Honeyguide, Khoka Moya,Umlani Bushcamp, and Exeter's Leadwood Lodge in South Africa?

Opinions on Madike River Lodge, Honeyguide, Khoka Moya,Umlani Bushcamp, and Exeter's Leadwood Lodge in South Africa?

Mar 22nd, 2004, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Opinions on Madike River Lodge, Honeyguide, Khoka Moya,Umlani Bushcamp, and Exeter's Leadwood Lodge in South Africa?

In a previous post I enquired about non-malarial game resorts that can be driven to from Johannesburg. I am considering Madike River Lodge. I am now also looking into game reserve resorts that are malarial near Kruger park. Which of the above would be the best choice? We want to keep the costs down, have 2 young teens with us, and prefer a place where one can view animals right at the lodge. Would it be a shame to travel all the way to S. Africa and only stay a few days at Madike and not nearer to Kruger park? We have a few days before we join a tour from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town and have to choose only one of the above resorts. Thanks!

Search this Thread