Opinions of Go to Africa.com?

Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:45 AM
MPH

Opinions of Go to Africa.com?

Has anyone used Go toAfrica.com for their safari? A friend just returned and recommended them but did say that one night the group had to stay in a basic tent because the lodge had been overbooked. I have been e-mailing one of their reps to organize a trip that goes beyond their basic safari but she doesn't seem to be reading my e-mails carefully and keeps asking questions that I have already answered. We are getting worried that the trip will not be planned properly if we use them. I'd appreciate anyone's experience with them.

Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:39 AM

Do you mean go2africa.com or 2afrika.com? If so, type that into the search box above and you'll find comments from posters who have taken safaris with either.
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:05 PM
MPH

I do mean Go To Africa.com. 2Afrika is a different agency.

Aug 23rd, 2006, 02:27 AM

I just returned from a safari that was organized with www.go2africa.com. We had a great time overall, but did have some of our accomodations switched as well. The problem really wasn't with Go2Africa, but their ground operator who is Predators Safari Club. Our switches were mostly upgrades to luxury tented camps instead of lodges though, so it wasn't so bad. We loved our guides (Muro and Godfrey) and the vehicles were both new, clean and in good condition.

Jenn
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:09 PM

MPH,
Where are you going? go2africa books safaris in many countries using different ground operators. I think it's just as important, if not more important, to consider others' experiences with the actual operator.
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:22 PM
MPH

Patty(and anyone else who can help) We are going mainly to Kenya, maybe briefly to Tanzania and then Zanzibar. We have not yet finalized our plans.

Aug 24th, 2006, 02:59 AM

I should have told you that we traveled only in Tanzania. Can you ask go2africa who they use as their ground operator in Kenya? Or maybe someone here knows.

Like I said before we loved our guides and vehicles from Predator's Safari Club were really very nice. It was just our itinerary got all swtiched around and we ended up with several 1 night stays in places. The places we stayed in were upgrades and very nice, it was just very tiring moving so often. In the end though I would do it again in a heartbeat as I loved Africa!

Jenn
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:00 AM

We just returned from a two week safari. Our family of 8 had the trip of a lifetime. We used Africa Adventure Co. 1-800-882-9453 They are an outstanding safari company. Every day of our trip got better and better. It was so well planned and organized. We saw all of the wildlife there was to see. Many, many lions, cheetahs, leopards and then the easy to spot Wildebeast, elephants, etc. Try them. Betty
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:52 AM

I think go2africa uses Vintage Africa in Kenya, but I'm not positive so you may want to ask. I haven't read any recent reports of Vintage Africa, but I believe there have been some positive reports in the past.

You may also want to contact a few Kenyan tour operators directly. Look in the East Africa trip report index for names of operators others have used http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34725679

As I recall, go2africa was more expensive on identical itineraries versus the quotes I received from Kenyan operators for a private, custom itinerary last year.
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:49 AM

I used Go2Africa for a South Africa, Botswana and Zambia trip/safari. I am very happy with their professionalism. I was surprised at how cheap they use fairly high end properties. Mia is the agent I used. Go2Africa is based in Cape Town so they may be better for Southern Africa tours.
Aug 26th, 2006, 12:03 PM

I agree with RBCal. Just booked a trip(CapeTown, Zambia, Simbambili game camp) with Go2Africa for next month. Very professional, excellent communications and reasonable prices compared to the organized tours and other agencies. Rikke Williams and Lorna were very helpful.
Sep 3rd, 2006, 03:00 AM

We returned home 2 weeks ago, after a luxury safari in Kenya, orginized by Maureen from Go2Afrika.
It was great, well orginized, great accommdation.Even the basic camp in Amboseli (the lodge was overbooked) was good.
We did have a major problem in one of the camps, and did not get the response we expected from thier local rep (C&P).
However the problem was solved , and everything was wonderful/
Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:20 AM

hamitzer,
Could you tell me which C&P camp you had a problem in, what the nature of the problem was, and how it was resolved? We're staying at two C&P camps in Kenya in December. Thanks!
Sep 6th, 2006, 12:03 AM

Actually, the problem was with CCA camp, Bateluer in Kitchwa Tembo.C& P just acted as the ground operator of Go2.
Since day one of my correspondence with Go2Africa, I advised the agent that our 2.5 years old son will join us, and the calculations and reservations were made accordingly.
Upon arrival to the camp we checked the option of hiring babysitter for the evening, and we then realized that kids are not allowed on the game drives, and we need to leave our son in the camp for the next 4 days, almost the entire day.
C & P who acted as the ground agent informed us that in order to take our son with us we will have to hire a separate vehicle, which will cost USD 200 per day, and they are not even sure the can find an available car.
We needed to spend some time and phone calls, and it was somehow solved. The problem was that nobody told us that it's all OK but we were constantly worried about the next drive..
The other camp we stayed-Elsa Kopje was great.
So was OL Kanjoo in Amboseli and The House of Waine and Giraffe Manor in Nairobi.
I have to admit that last time in Kenya C & p offered a much better service. This time the private charter we took to Amboseli was late and there was no rep to help us to find it in Wilson, the transfers were not always on time…but in general we had a great time, again, I'm very satisfied with Go2Africa.
Sep 6th, 2006, 02:20 AM

If you are travelling to Kenya you can try some of the Local tour operators. when you search through this forum you will find some reliable Companies like:

Eastern and southern safaris
The Eriksen Adventure
Across Africa

Name them.
Sep 6th, 2006, 09:46 AM

hamitzer,
Thanks for the clarification. We're staying at Elsa's Kopje, so glad to hear that was great. We're also staying at Joy's camp but not using C&P as our ground operator.