Notices

Only 5 days in Jordan--rent a car?

Feb 14th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Only 5 days in Jordan--rent a car?

Hello Fellow Travelers--
Solo female traveler in Jordan in March, just a 5 day trip. I would like to see Petra (2-3 nights), Jerash, and Wadi Rum. Organized tours are too long for my timeframe. I am considering renting a car--has anyone had recent experience with this (especially women)? I'm hoping to find guides at the entrances of these sites. Do anyone think that would be a problem? Hotel suggestions for these areas and Amman very much appreciated as well. Thank you!
Feb 14th, 2016, 12:27 PM

I cannot answer the car rental question, but do consider safety issues on driving alone as a woman in this part of the world. On hotels, I don't know your budget, but we stayed at the Movenpick at Petra and highly recommend it.
Feb 14th, 2016, 06:44 PM

Crowne Plaza was right next to entrance at Petra and one of the more reasonable hotels in the area.If you want to see Petra, WAdi Rum and possibly Jeresh-I would suggest getting a driver through the company we used while there. I believe it was called Desert "something" Tours? (Will try and remember the real name?) Seriously, our drive was a university schooled accountant and after a week with him traveling around he was like our long lost cousin. Helpful,great driver but not intrusive on our family being together.

Search this Thread