One Night Camel Trek in Morocco

Sep 10th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

One Night Camel Trek in Morocco

During our three weeks in Morocco we want to do one night in the desert with camels. I'm looking for suggestions on where to meet up with guides or the names of outfits you've had a good experience with. Thanks
Sep 12th, 2004, 01:05 AM

Read my post on "Excellent Morocco Tour guide". We did exactly this plus a little more. It was definitely amazing. Our guide was excellent and really worth it!!
Sep 12th, 2004, 01:07 AM

One more thing, our guide Hamid set everything up for us - it was very very easy - we just had to show up. We had talked to other Americans on the ferry back to Spain. There trip was not nearly as eventful as ours - having some one show you around freed up a lot of time to see more and understand more of the culture.
Sep 19th, 2004, 06:44 PM

My husband and I used Sahara Expedition in Marrakesh in last May. Check out their web site at http://www.saharaexpe.ma Their price was quite reasonable. You can communicate with them via e-mail.

We signed up for 4-days 3 nights, Marrakech - Zagora - Merzouga. 1 night at Zagora desert Camel Trek and another night at Merzouga Desert with camel trek.

If you are thinking about just one night at desert, we recommend Merzouga. It is breathtakingly beautiful place. After 1 and 1/2 hour camel ride, we spent time with Berber family. They cooked dinner for us. We enjoyed the experience very much.

Search this Thread