one full day in kigali?

Nov 14th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

one full day in kigali?

I'm considering adding in a full day in kigali at the end of my trip to allow time to see the genocide memorial. I'll actually have about a full day and a half on the end of my trip in kigali. Is this too much?
Also, Michael answered my question before about Kigali being a fairly safe city, but does anyone have thoughts on whether I'm going to have problems wandering around alone (I'm a female, early 30s) in tourist areas, eating out, etc.? I had some serious problems last summer in middle east by myself...some annoyances are to be expected but I'm not looking for that much of a hassle on this trip!
thanks for any thoughts.
Nov 14th, 2005, 08:36 AM

I only wandered around as a male so I can't answer your specific question, but the city center is generally safe. If anything, I felt ignored -- much different to the company I attracted while wandering around Nairobi.

Even if you don't fully occupy 1-1/2 days at the end of your trip, better with a bit extra time as opposed to too little -- it may be a while until you find yourself back in Kigali ;-)

I also think there are several memorials and I'm sure you'll find things to do -- if you haven't done so, I would suggest picking up the Bradt guide, which is the only single-country guide I found for Rwanda.

Michael
Nov 14th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

great, thanks. I ordered the bradt guide online so glad to hear that is useful!
a day and a half in kigali it is...

Search this Thread