One day trip to Galilee from Jerusalem

Apr 30th, 2000, 02:16 PM
m avery

One day trip to Galilee from Jerusalem

Is it possible to take a one day trip to Galilee from Jerusalem and see the important sights? If not, what are my options and what is the best tour company for this trip?

Apr 30th, 2000, 10:08 PM
Mike

I was in Jerusalem earlier in the month. Hired a taxi for the day and went around the Golan Heights then through Tiberias and Galilee for the day. Left at around 9:30 and we were back by 5:30. No problemo.

May 5th, 2000, 07:35 PM
Lee

Hi Mike,
Do you by any chance remember the taxi company that you used and approximately how much it cost. Did you arrange it through a hotel or travel agency? Glad to hear it can be done in a day. Did you day trip to Masada/Dead Sea area?
Thanks for the info.

May 8th, 2000, 05:49 AM
mm

It can be done. We did use a tour group to take us from Jerusalem to Galilee. If you're not with a group, check with your hotel's front desk for a reference to a tour operator. There was an office (I believe it was part of a church, maybe Franciscan) in the old city that also had some information. I'm sorry I don't have acutal names but it's been five years since we took the trip.

May 8th, 2000, 09:18 PM
Mike

We arranged the use of the taxi through our hotel, the Laromme. I think many of the drivers would be willing to take you on one of these trips. I forget how much we paid for the day but it was definitely at leasat half what a private guide would have charged us. We took an organized trip to Masada and Dead Sea when we first arrived. I think a taxi driver could take you here as well if you wished. I think the tour was $50. Definitely worth visiting, especially a spa visit on the Dead Sea.

Search this Thread