Oman Hotel Opinion

Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Oman Hotel Opinion

Hello All -
My husband and I will be in Muscat for 2 nights in early March.

I am trying to decide whether to book the Al Bustan Palace for 185 Euro per nite, or book at the Intercontinental in town for 74 Euro per nite.

For those who have stayed there, was the experience worth the extra money?

We are not necessarily beach people, but do appreciate good service and pleasant surroundings. I would like to snorkel one day.
We will have a rental car.

Thanks for your input.
Jan 22nd, 2004, 10:25 AM

If you were going only for the beach and water, the Al Bustan is the better choice.The beach is private and very large.
The Al Bustan was built by the Sultan to host a GCC meeting in the 1980's. Cost was not a consideration.The hotel is surrounded by mountains on three sides.
Both hotels are well maintained, easy to reach by car and have large parking areas.
It appears that you plan more sightseeing and at 100 euros less, the in-town ( actually on the beach also but closer to the airport)Intercont will provide nice service,food and some luxury.Check with the hotel as several companies provide diving trips as well as daily trips to see whales and dolphins if that interests you.

At those prices, room will probably not have a sea view if that matters.
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:10 AM

You may also want to consider the Grand Hyatt. Current prices are 88 rials (£123 Sterling). It's on the beach, but closer to the souk and the "downtown" area than the Al Bustan. I spent a few nights there in October and it was excellent.

Search this Thread