Oliver's or Kirawira Camps

Aug 30th, 1998, 05:27 AM
TC

Oliver's or Kirawira Camps

Planning a safari to Kenya and Tanzania in Jan 1999. Scheduled to stay at Oliver's and Kirawira Camps as well as the NEW Serena Lodge at Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania. Would love any first hand information regarding these properties or Larsen's and Governor's Camps in Kenya. Thank you.

Sep 3rd, 1998, 04:24 PM
S. Briggs

My husband and I booked (through A&K) a stay at Larsen's Camp in Feb 1995. Although the reservation was confirmed six months ahead and then again on our arrival in Kenya, the first night of the reservation was not honored and we were "bumped" to the Samburu Lodge (not bad, but not what we expected). However, once we finally got into Larsen's it was terrific. Huge tents next to the river - good food. And, it is in Samburu, which has some of the most interesting game and birds in Kenya. Bottom line: I'd go again but would do everything possible to make sure the overbooking did not occur again.

Sep 5th, 1998, 06:49 AM
Bill

Serena Lodge at Ngorongoro Crater was teriffic...rooms were excellent, great views of the crater, food was very good and staff friendly...very good experience staying there...

Search this Thread