okavanga delta

Jun 20th, 1999, 06:49 AM
Lynda Howland

okavanga delta

Three women will be traveling to the Okavanga Delta next fall, and have been told by travel agents that costs are in the neighborhood of $400 per day - minimum. We are looking for ways to do the trip independently and cheaply. We are all well traveled and are satisfied with basic accomodations or camping. Also, any similar information on the Kalahari would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 20th, 1999, 01:48 PM
Louise

Just returned from the most wonderful experience in the Delta. Altho' we traveled in a 8-person tour group you may be able to arrange something thru www.fisheaglesafaris.com. I have never met the owner but Bert is the most honest, responsive person I have ever dealt with. There were two women we met traveling alone that he had arranged everything for.

Jul 5th, 1999, 11:58 AM
Milton Khachana

If you are who you say you are, "well travelled", then I think I know who might help you. This are the kind of people who will give you an indepth experience of Botswana: its people, wildlife, and its distinct landscape. According to my experiece ( I am from Botswana and I'm currently studying here in the USA), to fully understand and enjoy the beauty that is the Kalahari, you need a guide who will help you tame this vastland. Someone who will make you see it for what it is, a habitat for humanity(home to the San and Kgalagadi people of Botswana)and wildlife(Lion, Girrafe, Gemsbok, Hyena, Cheetah, Ostrich, etc). These are local guides who have been given grant money by the government of Botswana to start up their own tour operations. They normally would charge around $180 per day per person for a fully inclusive tour (providing bedrolls,tent,3 meals,park fees,camping fees,and tent setup).

Jul 27th, 1999, 03:11 PM
Lynda

To Milton Khachana who replied here. Would you please email me at the above address. I received your message, but i cannot get a message to you, and I'd like further information.

Search this Thread