Oct 13: Kenya/Tanzania safari - looking for 1 travel partner

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, it sounds like my friend will not be able to make it on a Kenya + Tanzania safari trip. After all this hard work and time in planning and am close to finalization, I really still want to make this dream holiday to avoid being disappointed.

So I am scouting out the Fodor's board to see if there is any solo travellers looking to make the similar type of trip around early Oct 2013, and who is interested in twin-sharing accommodation (i.e. a room with 2 single beds). You can be interested in Kenya only, or Tanzania only, or both safari portions. The upside to this is that you do not have to do any research/planning to make the trip happen - since they have pretty much been completed, vetted through, and journey is designed to coincide with the migration event.

This trip is very competitively priced at economy (low-mid budget rate) for travel in September/October 2013. Currently aiming to make the trip happen in early October 2013. If interested, please PM me and we can speak further on the details beyond the outline shown below. I am an avid traveller, and have visited different regions/areas of the world and experienced various cultures over the years (see my profile), so am used to the nuances related to travelling.

The itinerary is the following:

Day 1: Nairobi – Lake Bogoria – Lake Nakuru NP
Stay at Flamingo Hill Camp

Day 2: Lake Nakuru NP – Masai Mara NR
Stay at Mara Eden Safari Camp / Ilkeliani Camp

Day 3: Masai Mara NR

Day 4: Masai Mara NR

Day 5: Masai Mara NR
Stay at a Camp at a Conservancy (To be determined)

Day 6: Masai Mara NR – Isebania
Transfer to Isebania border after breakfast

BORDER CROSSING FROM KENYA TO TANZANIA ON DAY 6

Day 6: Isebania – Serengeti North
Serengeti North Wilderness Camp / Nasikia Mobile Camp (Bologonja)

Day 7: Serengeti North, North to Central
Serengeti Medium Wilderness Camp / Kati-kati Camp / Nasikia Central Camp (Rongai)

Day 8: Serengeti Central
Serengeti Medium Wilderness Camp / Kati-kati Camp / Nasikia Central Camp (Rongai)

Day 9: Serengeti Central – Olduvai Gorge – Ngorongoro
Rhino Lodge

Day 10: Ngorongoro – Karatu – Lake Manyara – Tarangire
Tarangire Safari Lodge / Kirurumu Tarangire Lodge

Day 11: Tarangire
Tarangire Safari Lodge / Kirurumu Tarangire Lodge

Day 12: Tarangire – Arusha
End of safari trip in Arusha

Thank you and hope to hear from someone!
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, I am newly-registered on Fodors. But the profile I am referring to is on tripadvisor.com
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM

Well, I'm not going to Africa with you, sorry , but yesterday I found on a website the perfect riverboat for a South African safari cruise http://www.cruiseshipschedule.com/am...queen-cruises/ the Zambezi Queen Chobe River cruise - a luxury houseboat sailing Botswana, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe (departures from Kenya). I don't know about the experience on board - they write about food and service, but if you just look at the listed below prices - OMG!
mishyq, I'm so curious, what's the cost of your safari vacation?
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 01:26 PM

Seems your postings are all about cruises. Certainly not for me regardless the destination.

OMG! is the least of it when it comes to prices and some people say a safari only to Africa can be quite expensive. Not compared to the prices shown on your link.

The link is interesting, but know the 'only' cruising is on the Chobe for 4/nts at about $10K/person. There sure aren't rivers sufficient for cruising in the other countries. And as far as the safari segments, there is absolutely no detail as to where staying (hotels, lodges, tented camps), etc. Nor how is the traveler getting between countries on the longer 14 or 16/day itineraries. And as most safari goers know, with less than 3/weeks it's not at all recommended to attempt visiting both Eastern and Southern African countries.

I'll pass for sure.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

OMG is my response when I clicked on your URL for the cruise trip. and I think it's quite a lot of area to cover for the number of days indicated...

Anyway, the price for the Kenya/Tanzania itinerary stated above is not anywhere close to that. less than 50% of the prices quoted in the cruise URL.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:07 AM

you guys, I guess these are the right prices for an all inclusive top luxury safari cruise in South Africa! If you follow the amawaterways link in the article there's a video tour of the boat. $10k pp is a really not very ok price, but the boat surely looks very ok! This is an all-inclusive package, all transfers and transportation should be included, but I'm not 100% sure about all the details.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 09:25 AM

Lionara - Suggest you post this link on the Cruises Forum, doubt there will be any bites here.

Besides, you haven't answered the OPs question.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:28 AM

Hi There,

I'm interested in joining you if you haven't found anyone. But I wouldn't be ready until Last week of October.

Let me know.