Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh Hotel: Hurghada

Mar 26th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh Hotel: Hurghada

Hello,
I originally booked a trip to Hurghada at the end of May as a vacation. Good Fortune is smiling down on me as it appears that I will be taking a contract job in Cairo, Egypt for at least one year. My potential new employer HQ office is near Hurghada. I am considering inviting him to join me and my spouse for lunch at the hotel. We will not have transportation and will not be leaving the resort. This is a lay on the beach trip only, as we both have been to Egypt before on tours. I found Cairo to be the most amazing city I have ever been in. I currently reside in Europe and thought that was pretty amazing. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the food quality??? I have already looked at the reviews on trip advisor and all of them were whiners and crap. Hotel was great diving sucked, OP should have booked a dive package requesting 5* accomadations. Someone else complained that they actually had to walk around the complex!!! oh the horror!! another complaint was the language barrier, I live in europe, speak German and still deal with these issues everyday, I still manage. The biggest whiner was some woman who complained that it took 45 minutes for the very large in ground bath tub to fill. The very thought of running hot water for that long and not going bankrupt is a wonderful indulgence!!! I also wondered if there are any stray cats/dogs on the property??? if there are I will bring a few bags of cat/dog food with me. I have been emailing back and forth with the GM of the hotel and he is going to send me copies of the menus, etc. I was just looking for any first hand knowledge. I appreciate any replies but please elaborate and be specific. Replies like that sucks!!! are not really helpful. All the best
Barndoggie

Search this Thread