Egypt Air

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 06:18 AM
Gail

Egypt Air

Has anyone flown Egypt Air. We are locked in the JFK-Cairo flight on our tour. Anything specific we should know? What about the food/seats/movies? (Be kind - we are flying on Friday the 13th!)

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 10:08 AM
bobby olen grace

Why worry if you are already ticketed on Egypt Air, I have traveled all over the world and you can have a good or bad flight on any line. If you are sitting next to a screaming child, bad service, a heavy person next to you spilling over into your seat, I am sure you get the picture. Relax and enjoy your flight, you will only be on there for 9 or 10 hrs. and hopefully you can sleep part of the time and with 2 meals and snacks you will be there before you know it. I am going to Nairobi Kenya in March and have 2 10 hr. flights from San Francisco to London and London to Nairobi so we both need some luck. I will be a British Air all the way. Happy travels, buck

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 06:33 PM
Alice

<BR> <BR>Gail, If you enjoy a cocktail while flying, take your own. I don't think EgyptAir serves alcoholic beverages. Have a wonderful time... Alice

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 08:13 AM
Rudy

Gail, I gave a long report on a Grand Circle Egypt tour I took last May. In this report, I desribed the flight on Egyptair. Perhaps you can pull this up with a "search". In short, there was no problem with Egyptair, except that there is a smoking section, and if you don't smoke you don't want to be near it. No alcohol served, but in JFK, before we boarded the plane, we could take on two complementary bottles of wine. This was not offered in Cairo. I tend to think that people who post disparagingly about various airlines are the unusual ones who have had really bad experiences. The overwhelming majority of people have OK flights and don't post. If you fly overseas on coach, you will probably have a similar experience, no matter which airline you fly.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 09:28 PM
Heather

Hi, <BR>As of two years ago, the policy on flying from JFK to Egypt was that there was wine served, but coming back it's only non-alcoholic. We found the staff to be courteous, but not as professional as European/US airline staff. Otherwise, the planes (JFK-Cairo and back, and Cairo-Abu Simbu) are in fine condition. The food is mysterious however (we wondered what kind of animal fat we were chewing), so I'd recommend bringing on supplementary snacks.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 06:40 AM
jodi

I flew Egyptair and found it just fine. If you want libation on the way over take their complimentary two bottles of wine offer as you enter the jetway. The crew was courteous and helpful and mercifully let me sleep on the way over with just one comment after takeoff that I did not want to be disturbed. Luggage was unloaded quickly in Cairo and I was off! Now, I flew internally quite extensively on my trip and you need to be aware that their is no assigned seating so! get on line early. The flight times change a tad so give yourself plenty of time(an extra 20 or 30 minutes) of airort time. The flights are marked well. Since the airline is run my the military they can "bump" a ticketed passenger I have heard but it did not happen to me. Remember if you fly to Abu Simbel..sit on the left side of the plane for a spectacular view of the temples as you prepart to land.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 05:32 AM
Andy

I flew from UK to Egypt with Egyptair and apart from the "dry" aspect, all was well. There was smoking on the outward journey but not on the return. I did many internal flights (including 5 in 1 day!!!!) all were non smoking but all were pretty much on time and I couldn't fault them at all. Good planes, good service and punctual - can't want more than that!