November Safari Itinerary: Rhotia, Oliver's, Sayari

Jul 31st, 2012, 06:29 PM
Original Poster

November Safari Itinerary: Rhotia, Oliver's, Sayari

My husband and I are doing our first trip to Africa in November and were originally slated to do 2 nights at Rhotia Valley to do the Crater and Lake Manyara (my husband really wants to do a night drive) and then fly over to stay at Sayari for 4 nights. Now we're debating doing 2 nights at Oliver's and 2 nights at Sayari. We just went to India last year, so I'm wary of trying to squeeze in too much when traveling in developing countries. Can I get some feedback on whether 2 nights in Oliver's is worth splitting up the trip? Is 4 nights at Sayari too long? We're ending the trip with 4 nights in Zanzibar. Thank you for your advice!
Aug 1st, 2012, 07:54 AM

If you wish to visit the Crater, I sure wouldn't stay at Rhotia Valley, rather stay on the Crater Rim.

If doing both Oliver's and Sayari, you're apparently getting an extended stay discount as both are Asilia properties. Besides in Nov, rates go from 'peak' down to 'hi' season.

You can consider:
Day 1 - Arv. JRO - o/n Arusha
Day 2 - Tarangire - o/n Olivers, Kikoti, Boundary Hill
Day 3 - Tarangire in am; head to Manyara* for pm game drive - o/n
Day 4 - To Ngo; crater tour - o/n Sopa, Serea Lodges
Day 5 - Drive early (2/hrs) back to Manyara for 8:40am** flight to Kogatende (No.Serengeti - o/n Sayari
Days 6 & 7 - Kog - o/n Sayari
Day 8 - Fly via Arusha; connect to fly to ZNZ - o/n
Days 9 & 10 - ZNZ - o/n
Day 11 - Transfer via Stone Town for later transfer to ZNZ airport for flight to DAR and homebound.

*or forego Manyara and spend 2/nts Tarangire and then Day 4 head direct to Ngo for crater tour.

**there is no 'scheduled' afternoon flight to No. Serengeti unless you wish to pay for a more expensive 'charter' flight.

Hope this helps.
Aug 2nd, 2012, 06:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Sandi, your responses are so hepful. I think that we might skip Lake Manyara and do 2 nights Oliver's, 1 night at the Crater, 3 nights at Sayari and then 4 in Zanzibar. Does it make sense in November to skip Manyara for Tarangire/Oliver's?
Aug 3rd, 2012, 08:28 AM

Tarangire is good just about every month year-round. I've been in November and found lots and lots of game.

Search this Thread