Nothing to do with safaris...

Nov 1st, 2005, 02:46 AM
Original Poster

Nothing to do with safaris...

I wasn't going to post this here because regulars must be getting fed up with my charitable fundraising efforts by now but I decided that, given that the Africa fodorites are far and away the single most generous group of givers I know of, that I'd go ahead and post.

If any of you have any more to spare for a non-wildlife cause, perhaps you'll be willing to sponsor another marathon runner raising funds for a UK-based Multiple Sclerosis charity.

Abi is one of my sister's best friends and has chosen this particular cause because my sister has MS and Abi wants to support an organisation that supports sufferers and funds research projects looking to understand and combat the disease.

Here is the link, should anyone be interested:

http://www.justgiving.com/abigailb-d

I do appreciate that there are so very many deserving causes out there that we cannot all support every one so I totally understand if people do not want to support this particular cause, especially not knowing the runner or my sister yourselves.

Still, if the post generates one single sponsor to pledge even a couple of dollars, it will be gratefully received.

If you donate and would like Abi to know how you came across the link you may, if you wish, include in your personal message that you're a friend of Kavey's but please don't mention my sister in your message. Thanks.
Nov 23rd, 2005, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to those who gave their support.
Abi raised £4,295.41 and ran her first marathon in only 4 hours and 39 minutes!
That's an amazing pair of achievements!
Just wanted to thank those who gave financial and emotional support!

Search this Thread