Normad Serengiti Camp or Migration Camp

Sep 11th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

Normad Serengiti Camp or Migration Camp

Traveling next June 06--have 3 nights in this area and need help with choice of Nomad Serengiti Camp or Migration camp--traveling with 4 couples so we would fill the Nomad--but price is higher and not sure how to make the decision-- Need some discussion/help please
Sep 11th, 2005, 03:19 PM
bat

Hello redarthorse. I am guessing that you are traveling with cheryll? As I mentioned to her re getting feedback from readers about Olduvai, a number of us have stays there and we also have stays at the Nomad camps in our upcoming itineraries but no one has posted who has stayed there already.

You may need to decide based on which type of accomodation appeals to you more. Do you want the luxe camping or the permanent tented camp experience. I suppose one thing to consider is that this is the only "camping" component of your whole itinerary. Being able to have the whole camp gives you the advantage of the private luxury camping without its even higher price. On the other hand,you may want to consider whether your group would be better off with the presence of other travelors at the end of the day.
Sep 11th, 2005, 04:07 PM

In a "normal" season early June is too early for the Migration Camp.

Focus should be on the central Serengeti and/or Moru Kopjes area.

Nomad Serengeti Camps will be in these areas. They are one of the best but if cost is an issue, consider contacting a few other luxury tented camp outfitters. Several local Tanzania outfitters can book Nomad or other camps.

Eben

Search this Thread