No Tourist:filming a documentary

Oct 12th, 2000, 12:08 PM
nick decola

No Tourist:filming a documentary

I to plan to shoot, a photo documentary
When is the slow season in egypt,What are the
fees for video tapping the monuments.
Are their cheap boat rides up or down the nile.this trip is for the photo market-so
I need cheap efficiant lodgeing and transport
safe-can you hire a driver for a week.

Oct 12th, 2000, 06:36 PM
???

Hey Nick:
Be clear. I returned from Egypt 2 months ago and would like to help but have no idea what you are asking for.

Oct 13th, 2000, 01:01 PM
Charlie

Nick I can offer a little help as far as video.Mostly all attractions require a video permit and the prices range from $10US for the Pryamid sound and light show to a high of $300US per hour(yes three hundred) for video taping at the Valley of Kings.As I recall most video permits run $30 US.I was there 4 weeks ago and took lots of video but other than the Pryamid S&L show and the Cairo museum didn't purchase permits(the whole deal gave me a bad taste of being taking advantage of),instead I used a 35mm and purchase the much less costly still camera permits(about$3 US at most places).Also be warned about what you take photos & video of as there are restrictions on such as bridges,power plants,dams and military posts and man power, especially now with the heighten security alerts of the last few days.Hope this was a little help anyway,have a safe trip.

Nov 6th, 2000, 02:53 PM
AMy

Can run up to $75 US. Some things will not be allowed to be photographed like bridges, banks....etc. Ask first. It IS expensive to use video equipment!

Search this Thread