niles

Apr 25th, 2000, 09:24 AM
michele

niles

from 9jul-15jul we would like to take a cruises down the nile..
I would like to know who would have the best tour and cruise for the nile

Apr 27th, 2000, 02:09 PM
michele

We used [email protected] Emad Halal
is the office person. Had a great time. Get the Suite if you can its great.
Bruce

May 4th, 2000, 07:50 PM
Alice

Just a note about Spring Tours. I took this tour (through Trafalgar) this past New Years and their boat is gorgeous. It was one of their new ones. My room was so nice - a very large picture window that slid open to allow in the Nile breezes. The exception with the staff that I took was with the wait staff in the dining room. They were a bit surly. Of course, it was during Ramadam so the lack of food and drink during the day could put an edge on anyone's attitude. (All meals were buffet except one sit-down dinner.) You should have seen all the neat things the room stewards created using towels while making up your room. I walked in to - two swans on my bed, a monkey hanging from ceiling, and a Nile crocodile!! The towels were bright yellow so the figures were something to behold.

Let me caution you on two things and this would probably go for any cruise trip. The juice they serve at breakfast (and at one of the hotels I stayed in in Cairo) was made from reconstituted juice therefore you are consuming their water! People were so careful to just drink bottled water, and I would look around and see glass after glass of "orange juice" sitting on the tables. (I mentioned this on a reply I made to another post.) Also,there will probably be someone on the boat going around video taping. They sell the tapes for US$25. I was in the lounge when they were previewing what he had already taped and it was wonderful. Unfortunately, when I got back home there was no video just some garbled background music. I have contacted about six others who bought the tape and they had the same results - blank! So do ask questions. This is probably true of any tour group where there is a possibility of a difference in equipment used ie VCR's. Hope some of this helps. Happing cruising, Ali.

May 13th, 2000, 09:49 AM
Tarek

Alice, I wonder whether the problem you have encountered with your tape was udue to the fact that the TV standard in Egypt is PAL (same as all of Europe except France), and the standard in the US is NTSC (VCRs play the tapes at different speeds and the color is treted differently, thus making you unable to view the image without the appropriate equipment).

Search this Thread