Nile Cruise - side of the ship

Sep 7th, 2003, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Nile Cruise - side of the ship

When I cruised in China, I found that the side of the ship made a huge difference in the view from the cabin/balcony. Is that the case on the Nile, and does anyone have a recommendation?
Sep 7th, 2003, 07:49 AM

I did a 5 night cruise a couple of years ago and IMHO it doesn't matter which side.The entire lenght of the river between Luxor and Aswan is rural and although beautiful and senic is the same on either side.
Sep 7th, 2003, 11:54 AM
sandi

During the day when the boat is cruising most passengers are on top deck - taking the sun, swimming, drinking - and you can see whatever from there.

However, the rest of the cruising takes place during dinner into darkness (overnight), so there is nothing to see. Though, it is nice to sit on the top deck and enjoy the skies.

The Nile is so narrow that you can see from wherever you are on the boat. And depending whether you are traveling from Luxor to Upper Egypt (south to Aswan) or the opposite direction - it doesn't matter except for the fact that on either side, depending on time of day you'll get direct bright sun into your cabin. Good idea to keep your curtains drawn.

Sep 8th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses - one less thing to worry about!

Search this Thread