Fez or Marrakesh

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 07:00 AM
Nicole

Fez or Marrakesh

May 2003, I will be traveling from Spain to Morocco with 3 friends. We plan to spend about 3 days in Morocco. Should we go to Fez, Marrakesh or both. Any suggestions on hotels, tours?

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:09 AM
Tangata

Fez by a long way,

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:53 AM
Michael

Aside from any other arguments, the time constraint would indicate Fez. Marrakesh is an extra day of traveling, whether by bus or by train.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 01:41 PM
peter carr

Marrakesh if you want to see it before it is completly ruined by tourists the hotel central is clean and a reasonably price and very near the centre of the city or give me a click nearer the time I run photographic tours in the winter and spring if I am in Marrakesh when you come over I will be glad to give you the tour don't miss the Al Hambra in Granada on your way happy travels

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 05:11 AM
LH

fes, fes, definitely fes.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 05:39 AM
jj

Fes, absolutely.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 01:20 PM
ibrahim

first of all I m from marrakesh,as english taxi driver.maybe I will tell marrakesh why.because you 'll enjoy your trip for instance in one day making a visit of monument with the old town the second day a berber vilage near to marrakesh the last day a nice costcity Essaouira.if you need more details e-mail me to [email protected]

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 09:24 PM
James

Definitely go to Fez. try to avoid the very touristy hotels, if you want an acutally morrocco experience. my wife and I and two friends rented out a house right in the middle of the medina. check out www.fesmedina.com The house was like a palace. actually, it once was something like a palace. a villa. It was completely restored, and the detail and art on it was spectacular. I think what we loved most about it was to have the whole place to ourselves and to be right in the middle of the medina. very authentic. felt a lot more like living in morrocco than being a tourist. which is how we like to travel. also its nice to get a guide in fes. the other thing that was helpful was with this house we rented, we also had a guide. he picked us up at the airport and was pretty much at our disposal. definitely worth the cost, especially if you are splitting it among your friends.

Old Aug 30th, 2003, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WE will be in Morocco for only one day in November (I know it is Ramadan). We will be on a cruise docking in Casablanca. Should we try to go to Fez or Marrakesh? What effect will Ramadan have on our day? Any ideas on best transportation to Fez or Marrakesh (the cruise ship asks $200 for a one day tour to Marrakesh).

Thanks so much for any help!!!
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 08:27 PM

To 1Nancy1, go to Marrakech, pay your cruise ship for the fee and go to Marrakech - they will take care of everything. We just returned from Fez and Marrakech, there is no comparison.
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 06:58 AM

We have decided to go to Marrakesh. I appreciate the info. Unfortunately, this will be during Ramadan. Does anyone know what affect this will have on our ability to tour the souks etc. Thanks
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 12:37 PM
sandi

Surprisingly, life goes on pretty much as usual during Ramadan. While some small shops might be closed, all else is open and people go about their business.

You will be able to find guides and restaurants open for you to eat in, however, it is suggested you not eat out on the street during the day - a show of respect.

The food stands in the big square in Marrakesh (can't recall the name right now) doesn't open till dusk, at the time Muslims break their fast for the day.