Nile cruise - shore excursions

Aug 28th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Original Poster

Nile cruise - shore excursions

Hello

Can anyone please advise if shore excursions are allowed whilst in dock on a Nile cruise apart from the sites specified in cruise itineraries ?

We are interested in the sound & light show in Luxor, is this usually included as part of the Nile cruise itinerary or are you permitted to leave the ship at night to see the show ?

Is there anywhere for reference to check on the optional shore excursions offered ?

Thank you
Aug 28th, 2004, 11:18 PM

If you're docked you're allow to leave. They give you something like a transit card and you just present it back to the crew once you reboard.

Tell the staff on your boat that you want to see the sound and light show at Karnak(Luxor) and they will arrange transportation plus tickets for you.

Have fun.
Aug 29th, 2004, 03:50 AM
sandi

Many choose to visit Luxor at night - to stroll along the corniche, have a drink at one of the hotels overlooking the Nile, and go to the Light & Sound Show at Luxor Temple.

To reference your earlier post regarding "access" know that the L&S show at Luxor Temple is alot of walking thru the temple in the dark - this might be a problem - you don't get to sit till the end of the program, maybe the last 20-minutes. Something to think about.

I would suggest taking in the L&S in Cairo at the Pyramids where you sit through the entire show.

Aug 29th, 2004, 08:10 PM

On our Nile cruise, we had the opportunity to do the Sound & Light show at Luxor. I didn't go. I did, however, do the S & L at the pyramids and I would not particularly recommend it. We thought it was hokey and believe me, neither of us is hard to please. It was just kind of dumb and not really worth the money. The show at Luxor may be better, but I doubt it. And they did warn about watching your footing, etc., if you went.

Search this Thread