Nile Cruise in 3 or 4 days ?

Oct 4th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Original Poster

Nile Cruise in 3 or 4 days ?

I am travelling to Egypt at the end of December for either a 4-day or a 3-day cruise along the Nile river on board of M/S Jasmin or M/S Orchid. Has any one has experience with these vessels ? I would appreciate any comment to know what I should expect from these vessels. Also I would welcome any comment comparing a 3-day to a 4-day cruise. Thanks.
Oct 5th, 2003, 03:31 AM

No experience on these boats, but we took a 4 day-3 night cruise. Much time was spent docked to see various sites. The distance is not all that great, and most follow same route with same stops, same starting and ending points (either traveling north or south). So check itinerary - the best part of cruise for us was just standing on top deck and seeing shores of Nile pass by.
Oct 5th, 2003, 06:01 AM
sandi

Like Gail, I'm not familiar with these particular Nile cruise boats - new boats come online yearly (as others are pulled offline) - but the sites along the way are basically the same.

The difference between 4-day/3-day is that on the 3-day you spend the 4th day on land at a hotel in, either, Luxor or Aswan depending on the route (north or south).

Most, but not all, cruising occurs at night as during the day you're docked and doing land tours to particular sight/temples. At the beginning or end you usually spend more time in Luxor, visiting the temples (Luxor and Karnak) and across the Nile (west) at the Valley or Kings and Queens.

Compare the two itineraries site-to-site; if you see the same on both, then it's just deciding whether you want to spend the additional day on land or on boat. If the 4-day actually has additional site/s - make your decision based on that.

Search this Thread