Reload this Page >

Palmyra Hotels...suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 07:51 AM
michele

Has anyone stayed at or heard of the Hotel Zenobia or Villa Palmyra? I know there is a Cham Palace , but I wanted to stay at a smaller place. Any information is appreciated as I am having trouble contacting any of the above via FAX ( actually my travel agent is and I am about to pick up the phone and dial as all this new technology only goes so far). <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 25th, 2000, 09:31 AM
russell

Michele, <BR> <BR>I was in Palmyra last week. If you are going soon, no problem as it's low season. Just show up. I came into town from Damascus at about 1:30, walked 2 blocks to Orient Hotel, and asked for a room. It was new, clean and fine - $18 with breakfast, heat, good bed, good bath, TV but not satellite. Easy walk to ruins. <BR>While I was at the ruins, I stopped by Hotel Zenobia hoping to have a coffee. But it seemed to be closed for renovations. Low season would be a logical time for this. <BR>Hope this helps. Any questions, please ask. I'm now in Beirut and have just spent 7 weeks in Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon.

Old Feb 25th, 2000, 09:52 AM
michele

Thanks a lot, Russell. I'll get in touch with you at your email address as I intend to spend a few days in Beirut also. <BR> <BR>Michele

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 09:40 PM
Sylvia

I stayed in the Villa Palmyra last August. It's not spectacular but nice enough, I managed to get down to about $40 US a night, but that's still a bit much. Nice complementary breakfast in an upper floor room with great views though I just showed up too.

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 10:20 AM
michele

Thanks,Sylvia. I think we are going to just show-up and see what is available...might do the same for Aleppo also. <BR> <BR>Michele