Search

Turkey, is it safe now?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 1997, 03:11 PM
Dennis Spencer

Turkey, is it safe now?

I was planning an extended vacation in Turkey in September. However, the recent political turmoil with the military ousting the Islamic regieme has me concerned. I would appreciate anyone's insight.

Old Jun 25th, 1997, 06:03 PM
Simrin

Hello again-- I just posted a response to your question when I saw it in the U.S./Canada page. I would feel silly typing the thing again, so if you want to see my response, you'll find it in there!
Have fun!

Old Jun 28th, 1997, 11:19 PM
Janine

Hi Dennis,
I live in Göreme, Cappadocia and saw your message re current safety of travellers in Turkey. There is no problem and the change in Government was quite smooth - I'm not sure of the news reports abroad, but political safety etc is stable. Enjoy your trip and if in Cappadocia come look us up at the Ottoman House, Göreme. Happy travels!

Old Aug 24th, 1997, 07:16 PM
jay

GO & enjoy just returned from 17 magnificent days
there. We say no troubles even though riots were in Ankara day befor we arrived. People all very friendly & helpfull.If I can help drop a note.

Old Sep 12th, 1997, 06:56 AM
Gaar.Decker

Dennis:
I have been to Turkey 4 times and have loved every trip. The people are the friendliest I've met. Last trip was throughout Kurdistan and northeast in the Kackar mountains. Increadible! Am now planning another trip for Nov. of this year. Can't wait.
My tip. Get away from the Med. and Agean to get to know the "real" Turkey. Any questions, contact me.