Search

Nile Cruise...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Kathy

Nile Cruise...

My mom and I are planning our first trip to Egypt in October. We were looking at the "Offical websit of the Ministry of Tourism, Egypt and The Egyptian Tourist Authority (touregypt.com). They have a list of "...tour operators you can trust". They list Soleil Nile Cruises. Has anyone heard of them? It is a good operation and are the ships nice. We are not looking a ship like Carnival but would like a nice, safe and clean one. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks....

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 07:30 PM
LEANNA

Dont know about Soleil...but can tell you that Maupintour gives an almost perfect trip to Egypt. I just did the 17 day w/ NIle cruise and it was fabulous. Cost a lot up front...but then EVERYTHING was included. Many of the meals we ordered what we wanted off the menu and all of the hotels were first class plus. No optionals....everything was included!!! Our tour guide was on duty 24/7 and took wonderful care of us plus knew everything. It was a splurge for me..but soo worth it!!! Check em out! NO I dont work for the company!!!

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 01:25 PM
dave

try www.flashtour.net <BR>I'm in process of checking them up. <BR>My wife and I are planning going there in September

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 08:40 AM
Kiran

Has anybody (other than our friendly tour operator here heard of travcotels tour operators. I found them online at travcotels.com. Their cruise packages look very reasonable. Anybody has any experience with this tour operator? <BR>

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 01:18 PM
Pam

Kiran, <BR> <BR>I saw a post from you on an earlier thread, but I am sorry to say that I am not familiar with travcotels. If you are concerned, perhaps you should look at some other agencies that are a little more well known. Before choosing any travel agency make certain they are ASTA and IATA members. You can many examples on this site. <BR> <BR>Pam

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 07:32 AM
Patricia

We went with Grand Circle last year and it was a great trip. And it was under $3,000 for 2 full weeks with almost every meal included. And they got their own ship in January. <BR> <BR>I do know they are booked up for October of this year. And probably longer than that.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 07:43 PM
Don

Kathy we did the Splendours of Egypt with Insight Vacations in March 2001. We were more than pleased with everything - food, hotel, cruise ship, TD, etc. We really enjoyed the 7 days on the Nile Cruiser.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 04:04 AM
Bjørn Ålvik

Hi Kathy <BR>We used Sonesta. Really good class. <BR>Bjorn, Oslo

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 07:01 AM
Doris

Has anyone heard of Cloud Tours? My sister and I are traveling to Egypt with Cloud Tours and are staying at the Ramses Hilton and cruising on the Lady Diana. Any input??

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 07:42 AM
lara

Hi, <BR>I don't know if this information is still needed (i.e. whether travel plans have been cancelled), but I was in Egypt in early August and also went on a Nile cruise. I don't know the prices because we had a complete tour package, but the cruise ship we were on was the Rademis II, run by Movenpick. It was very nice, and the food was good. We had a beautiful room because somehow we lucked out and got the room at the very front of the boat, so it was very large - much more so than the other cabins. Some of the other boats looks nice too, as you often had to walk through the lobbys of the other boats to disembark (due to the way they dock). <BR> <BR>I also stayed at the Ramese Hilton in Cairo. It was okay, but nothing spectacular. Actually, if you aren't on a high floor, the traffic and street noise is extremely loud. We had hard times sleeping. Also, I think some of the rooms are newer than others because we stayed there before and after we went on the cruise in two different rooms, and the second one was definitely not as nice as the first. Very old and dingy.