Nice link showing flights into/out of Zambia...

Mar 9th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Original Poster

Nice link showing flights into/out of Zambia...

http://www.star-of-africa.com/pdffiles/zflightss.pdf

This link not only shows a flight schedule for seemingly every scheduled flight but it also shows the company and price.

I think that I will fly into Lusaka from Cape Town (connecting in JNB) and then catch a connecting flight into Mfuwe. The one way flight from Lusaka to Mfuwe is $160 USD per person. I will probably stay 4 nights at Chichele Presidential Lodge.

To get to Lower Zambezi National Park, I don't have to be bothered with going back to Lusaka because there is a connecting flight right from Mfuwe to Jeki for $200 USD per person. I will likely stay 3 nights at Kulefu Tented Camp (Star Of Africa lodge).

From Jeki, it will be a small $75 USD per person donation to get back to Lusaka to catch my connecting flight home.

I hate to skip Livingstone/Victoria Falls, but unless I extend my trip for a couple days or lose a paid couple days in Joburg, then I don't see how else to do it.

I have to make the choice between Lower Zambezi and Victoria Falls/Livingstone and I was just in the Vic Falls area last year on the Zimbabwean side at Matetsi (50 kms upstream of Victoria Falls).

Armed with this knowledge, I think I can shave a lot of the price of my trip, although some of it will be at the expense of skipping Livingstone which has some incredible lodges including The River Club, Sussi&Chuma and Tongabezi.

The new price for two people sharing of this trip if I follow the above itenerary is:

Int. Air, LAX-CPT, JNB-LAX: $2,600 USD
Domestic Air, CPT-Lusaka-JNB: $1,000 USD
Domestic Air, Lusaka-Mfuwe: $320 USD
Domestic Air, Mfuwe-Jeki: $400 USD
Domestic Air, Jeki-Lusaka: $150 USD
South Luangwa, Chichele Presidential Lodge, Star Of Africa, 4 Nights: $2,400 USD
Lower Zambezi National Park, Kulefu Tented Camp, Star of Africa, 3 Nights: $1,800 USD
Cape Town, Twelve Apostles Hotel, 4 Nights: $570 USD
Johannesburg, Michelangelo Hotel, 4 Nights: $620 USD
Tips, etc.: $140 USD

Total African holiday: $10,000

Search this Thread