Ngorongoro Wildllife lodge or Sopa Lodge?

Jan 20th, 2001, 02:02 AM
Thomas

Ngorongoro Wildllife lodge or Sopa Lodge?

We are planning a safari to Tanazania in early March and we need to decide which lodge to pick at Ngorongoro. The travel agents seems to be divided between the Wildlife and the Sopa Lodge,so we'd like to hear from anyone who's stayed at either of these to see which one is the best. We are not necessarily going to choose the one with the most luxorious facilities. We are more interested in the lodge with the best location/views and best atmosphere

Jan 30th, 2001, 05:14 AM
Nancy

Interesting question. My operator always stays at Sopa (so I always have) because of the location. His philosophy: it is the only (I think) lodge on that side of the crater and you can go up and down in the morning and afternoon and not have to stay down all day when the game viewing is not as good. Dunno if this is the only way to do it but he thinks it is best, I trust him and we have always had a wondeful experience. The sunset from the lawn area by the pool overlooking the crater is THE BEST I have ever seen anywhere. The sky seems ot be on fire - awesome photographs!. And the lodge is nice and hte food is fine. Typical, but very nice. I knwo nothing about Wildlife Lodge but hope this helps.

Feb 8th, 2001, 12:15 PM
Fay

We just got back from Tanzania Jan. 27, 2001. The Ngorongoro Conservation Lodge was the best it made the crater seem more than it was. It is a must.

Fay

Search this Thread