Ngare Sero Lodge or Moivaro Coffee lodge

May 12th, 2005, 03:52 PM
bat
Original Poster

Ngare Sero Lodge or Moivaro Coffee lodge

Any opinions about these two lodges near Arusha? We will be staying 2 days. Both seem nice and offer activities such as horseback riding, cultural walks and day trips to Mt. Meru and Arusha National Park. The Ngare Sero lodge claims that you can see Mt Kili from its balcony and veranda. Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks.
May 12th, 2005, 09:24 PM
africa_lover

We have stayed at Moivaro lodge last year. We didn't arrive until late in the evening and had to leave early in the morning.
In my opinion, but we were tired of a long flight with missing 5 suitcases, that one night was enough . The rooms are not as nicely decorated as some other rooms in other lodges. We didn't see Mt Meru or Mt Kili from where we were.
What is the rest of your programm like?
Maybe you could cut your stay to one nigth and add it in one of the parks?
I don't know Ngare Sero lodge.

May 13th, 2005, 06:30 AM
bat
Original Poster

Thanks Africa lover. Do I remember correctly from researchng posts that you had the fabulous, long honeymoon trip? We are staying the 2 days as an "insurance" day against flight delays, the fact that I do not want to start a safari at 8am the morning after what I expect to be a grueling plane travel experience, and time constraints caused by accommodation availability and frequent flyer availability. Plus, the budget cannot handle any more expensive "safari" days whereas there are some inexpensive things to do at both of these places--a guided walk to a village, horseback riding, day trip to Arusha national park, etc.

Moivaro does not claim to have a Kili view but Ngare Sero does. So I was hoping someone had stayed there and could express an opinion. I appreciate the info about Moivaro.
May 13th, 2005, 08:20 AM
africa_lover

either my english isn't good enough, or you read the wrong posts.
Yes, we had a fabulous honeymoon trip to Kenya, but that was in 1985.
Our second trip to Africa, was in 1990 to Tanzania (northern circuit).
Since 2000, we have been going back to Africa almost every year.
I am sure you will have the time of your life in Tanzania!

Search this Thread