Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   NEW YEARS YOUR FAVORIT TRIP (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/new-years-your-favorit-trip-26897/)

JENNIFER Jun 9th, 1998 04:01 PM

NEW YEARS YOUR FAVORIT TRIP

me and my family are looking for ideas for what to do and were to travel to in new years any sugestions?

vigdis Jun 10th, 1998 02:57 AM

Hi Jennifer! <BR> <BR>To get any answers I think you have to be more specific. What do you like to do, how long time have you got, can you go anywhere in the world, do you have a budgetlimit etc.? <BR> <BR>

vigdis Jun 10th, 1998 02:57 AM

Hi Jennifer! <BR> <BR>To get any answers I think you have to be more specific. What do you like to do, how long time have you got, can you go anywhere in the world, do you have a budgetlimit etc.? <BR> <BR>

jennifer Jun 11th, 1998 09:55 AM

<BR>vigdis <BR>i am planing 2 weeks max and about 3,000dolars max per person including plane. i am from mexico. <BR>the part of the world i am open to sugestions but i rather warm weather,also i rather cultural and diferent and at the same time with luxury for my father.i hope you can help me

Gene Kasprzyk Jun 14th, 1998 09:16 PM

I had a wonderful New Years' experience while cruising down the Nile. Lotsa culture; ancient culture, Medieval culture, modern culture....

jennifer Jun 17th, 1998 11:02 AM

GENE <BR>THAT SOUNDS GREAT , what about cairo i have herd that cairo is not to atractive please give me all the details you can <BR>

vigdis Jun 20th, 1998 08:53 AM

Hi Jennifer! <BR> <BR>I agree with Gene. Egypt is a great country for culture, and a cruise on the Nile is fantastic (including The Valley of Kings), as for the warm weather around New year, well it may differ. Europe, for instance Greece, is full of culture, but not very warm at this time of the year. For a different kind of culture (and warm weather) you may go to Asia (as we do), whether you go to India, Thailand, Vietnam etc. My husband always says, but when do we go to Mexico? I think, if not before, we do it in year 2000 (always long time planning) and we look forward to it,and then we'll send out questions to you. Good luck.

vigdis Jun 20th, 1998 09:03 AM

Sorry, I forgot about Kairo. It's a large, dirty city, with a traffic that scares the wit out of you, and where all the taxi drivers behave like maniacs (but don't take it to hard, they seem to be able to stop exactly two millimeters before they drive down the old lady in front of you). But it is a city to visit if you go to Egypt. Concentrate of the things you want to se, like the pyramids, the Egyptian Museum and if you feel uncomfortable going out in the evenings on your own, ask the taxi driver to wait outside the restaurant, and bargain the price and of course pay him afterwards. We never experienced anything unpleasant in Kairo, but I suppose you may, there as well as in the rest of the world. <BR>

jennifer Jun 25th, 1998 08:22 AM

VIGDIS <BR>You mention vietnam what parts do you recomend most. is december high season?what about the nile is it amazing, great ,nice? as for mexico i would love to help you i know many beaches and great hotels,you will have a wonderfull new years mexico city during december is very cheap.