New magazine articles on Zambia, Tanzania

Apr 12th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Original Poster
New magazine articles on Zambia, Tanzania

Just wanted to mention a short article in the UK Sunday Times magazine on Zambia with mention of Chiawa camp-makes me want to go there all the more-you can find it at B & N here in the States. There is also a longer report on a new "resort" in the Serengeti in the latest Food and Wine magazine which was fun to read about but too over the top for me.
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:28 AM
I have been to the Grumeti Reserves and IMHO it offers much better overall value for money than Singita for example! The wildlife viewing and range of activities are much better than Singita (I have not visited Singita in 2 years, so maybe the concession has doubled in size or they have more wildlife there now. I don't know.)

In my years visiting the Serengeti the work that's being done in the Grumeti area has helped a lot to restore the wildebeest migration patterns. Poaching is also under control.

I am not an expert on the lives of the local population in the Ikoma area so I have no idea if the new developments are helping or hurting them. But the wildlife is coming back to that area for sure.

Yes, the Grumeti Reserves (just like Singita) is not for everyone but it was not designed to be! I think it is good that Tanzania is offering a wider (even its more upscale) range of safari options instead of just leasing that area to the macho hunters as they did in Loliondo.

Search this Thread